How do you save wallpaper?

1. BobD

BobD Member

So I am using Androlib app (I think that is the name) to download wallpaper, but when I go to settings and try to change the wallpaper it isn't in the wallpaper gallery. How do I get to select different wallpapers I download?

Advertisement
    :
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

It wont be saved to the wallpaper gallery, it is saved on your sd card in the folder titled AndroLibWallpapers. But I cant get them to show in the normal gallery either. If you navigate to the folder using astro you can long press and "set as"
  3. BobD

BobD Member

Thanks. That does work. But what I would like to be able to do is use Locale to change my wallpaper based on location. But when I get a selection of wallpaper using Locale it just uses wallpaper or picture gallery. It seems like there should be a way to move it to the wallpaper gallery, but I can't find that directory anywhere.
  4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Not sure what OS you are running but I am running 2.1 version .41 After a reboot I now have and AndroLib folder in my gallery with the wallpapers. But just to see I went into Androlib and downloaded another and it wouldnt show until after a reset again. I think if you used a task killer and killed the gallery app and then relaunch so it could index the file you wouldnt have to reset.

OR you could always just move the wallpaper to your desired folder.