• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you scan using Phone ?

I use "Camscanner Pro". It works really well and takes good scans. I use it a lot to scan documents to save as a PDF and send by email. You can even send stuff by Fax. (I haven't used this feature yet.) the crop feature is really easy and it has a high enhancement quality setting that needs to be used for best quality. I have an Atrix 4G with a 5 MP camera. One of the things that's really great about this app. is that you can scan multiple pages and even rearrange the pages real easily. You can even add additional pages to an already completed PDF. Only down side is, to which I notified the developer, is that you have to press the PDF button after your done scanning your document. By default, it scans as a JPG formate document.

Upvote 0
Which scanner app would do what I'd like? I have road logs in Geology books that I would like on the Acer Tablet or the Nexus S. I'd buy the logs, but they are not published and I don't want to haul a bunch of books on a trip. The books are still bound so I would have to weight them to do a flatter scan. I only want these for my own use.

Upvote 0
Which scanner app would do what I'd like? I have road logs in Geology books that I would like on the Acer Tablet or the Nexus S. I'd buy the logs, but they are not published and I don't want to haul a bunch of books on a trip. The books are still bound so I would have to weight them to do a flatter scan. I only want these for my own use.

Yes, CamScanner does mend the scans to a single PDF file :)

And for to mend several PDF files to a single PDF file you could use 'PDF Utility' from Market/Play Store.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones