• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do you send a sound in a text?

Amaroth

Android Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2009
Hilo, HI
So I did some searching and found out this much:
You have to use ChompSMS. You press menu, and attach, and then it will only show files in your /system/media/audio/ringtones folder, however you can't really get to that folder to add sounds without hacking or rooting and whatnot. BUT if you have a folder named 'ringtones' on your sd card root, the sound files in that folder will show up in that list on chompSMS. Unfortunately, when I try and send a sound, it looks like it went through normally with no error, but my contact had not received anything. The size of the file I sent is smaller than files I have been sent, so I don't understand why this is happening. I only tested to 2 people though, one is on verizon also but they hadnt replied since i sent the file. Other contact is on T-mobile using a G1. She still hasnt recieved any files from me.

UPDATE: Searching more, It seems like I have to send the audio file using astro and gmail to my verizon number email thing: 1234567890@vzwpix.com and then wait for my phone to recieve the text with the sound clip. Then I have to forward that text to whoever and THEN and ONLY THEN will it work.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones