How do you set LaunchPro as default launcher at all times?Support

Last Updated:

1. valerielyn77

valerielyn77 Member This Topic's Starter

Last Friday an OTA update became available for my Epic. I now have Media Hub, which I did not have on my phone when I purchased it last week.

Ever since the update while in an application I press the "Home" key to return to my main screen and a window pop-ups that shows 3 options: Home, TWLauncher or LaunchPro. When I click on the check mark "Use by default for this action" and then LaunchPro. I select the LaunchPro by default and you would think that would be the last time i have to do that. It doesn't set it by default and that window keeps popping up every time I try to go back to the touchscreen while inside in an app.

I went into the manage applications screen to clear the defaults for the "Home" and "TWLauncher" instead of clearing the defaults for the "LaunchPro". Doing that still doesn't make the LaunchPro the default. When I go back into an application and choose to view my main screen by pressing the "Home" key the pop-up windows comes up for me to make a selection between "Home", "TWLauncher" or "LaunchPro".

I also did download a Home launcher program called "Home Switcher". That still does not lock in the default for me to use LaunchPro.

It seems to me that I'm going to have to go to the Sprint store for them to fix the problem, unless you have any more ideas.
    I did try to troubleshoot this the best I could before posting my problem on here. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Other than this bug I love my Epic.

Can anyone help me? I really don't want to go to the Sprint store about this. Is this a permanent bug or is there a solution out there for this? Maybe this is a bug that the 2.2 Froyo update could fix.

Advertisement
  2. unknown zone

unknown zone Well-Known Member

I had this same problem, it is not a bug....I cant remember what I did that made LP stick as the default launcher, I also did what you did with Home Switcher..etc. Also make sure you have it running in your task...do not kill LP. Another thing to check is in your LP Perferences/Behavior Settings/Home key action "set to (Do Nothing), and the Home key to default screen "checked".

Like I said I really cant remember, just giving some ideas of possible answers.

3. valerielyn77

How do you get to the settings for Launcher Pro?

I went into my apps and there isn't an icon that I can press on to get into the program to look at the settings.

Also when I press and hold the home key and the recent applications box pops up, the Launcher Pro icon shows up in there but when I touch it to open the app nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you think I should go to the Sprint store? Do you think they would be able to provide me with any more assistance than I'm able to get through here.

4. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

get to the settings by being in launcher pro and pushing the menu button

5. nickw511

nickw511 Active Member

I had the same thing happen to me (very frustrating) and the culprit was an unrelated app that I had downloaded. It would hold the default for a while, but invariably the pop-up would come back.

The app was the doodle/painting app called AnDrawing (both the free and the paid). I'm lucky I was able to figure it out but the problem didn't start until I downloaded AnDrawing and went away after I uninstalled it. I tried many different things such as updating LauncherPro, restarting, everything. To verify I re-downloaded AnDrawing at least three different times over 3 or 4 days and had the same problem each time. Someone else left a comment they were having the same problem too. Anyway, so even if you didn't download AnDrawing, maybe another app is causing this interaction too(?). At least be aware!!

btw Paint Joy is very nice alternative to AnDrawing if you are the doodling type.

6. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

From what I remember you go to settings--applications--manage applications--select--filter--then look for home--click on clear default--

I think it'll ask you which one you want as default and that's it--to undo it, you do the same--

Hope it helps--not sure if I'm 100% right, but I do remember doing this in the past! :)

MBM7881 likes this.
  7. valerielyn77

@nickw511-

Who would have thought that I would have had the same app as you that was causing that problem. Come to think of it, I did the OTA update and downloaded that ANDrawing app both last Friday. I had read somewhere else where apps would have odd effects with other apps. I didn't think that this would be what was plaguing my phone.

Sure enough, as soon as I deleted that app the problem was fixed.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

8. Huricn

Huricn New Member

I downloaded this app as well and had the same "home" problem. I just uninstalled AnDrawing and now my Home buttn is working properly again. Thanks for the tip!;)

9. therealgorgan

therealgorgan New Member

I also ran into this problem using LauncherPro and LockGo. Every time I would unlock LockGo it would bring up the settings for LockGo, so I would hit the home button and it would bring up the home/launcher selection menu. Disabling LockGo resolved the issue. I wish I could still use both applications without having to deal with this. I imagine this may be addressed in a future update.

'Til next time! - the real gorgan