How do you set MailDroid Pro to use IMAP?

1. artmanphoto

artmanphoto Active Member

I am using a non-rooted Verizon Morotola Droid X running Android 2.3.3. I am using MailDroid Pro for my email app with POP3.

When I initially installed and setup MailDroid I think I remember having a choice to select either POP3 or IMAP and I selected POP3. I would like to try IMAP so the email on my PC running Outlook 2007, my iPad 2 and the Droid X will sync with each other so when I delete a message on my phone it will also be deleted on my PC and iPad.

Now that I have MailDroid setup for POP3 is there a way to go into the settings and change it to IMAP and then change the incoming port to 143 or do I have to completely un-install MailDroid Pro then re-install and select IMAP? I have tried to find the setting where it shows it shows the port numbers and mail servers but I can't find it.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. cron912

cron912 Well-Known Member

On the main accounts screen, tap and hold on the account, and select Edit Settings.
  3. artmanphoto

artmanphoto Active Member

Thank you for your reply. I went to the main accounts screen and entered into my existing account with edit settings. I would like to change the operation from POP3 to IMAP but I couldn't find a setting to change to IMAP. I tried to add a new account using my existing email address and password and it told me there was already an account set up which is true.

In the edit settings area if I delete my existing account and create a new IMAP account will I loose all of my existing account settings such as signature, etc. which I would have to set up again?

Thanks very much for your help.

Bill
  4. cron912

cron912 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry, I don't think there is any way to switch an account from POP to IMAP. You would have to delete the existing account and add it as new, including setting your signature back up.