How do you stop alert that rings when battery is full?Support

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

It wakes me up at night! How do you so the battery full alert?

Advertisement
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

Go into sound settings and volume then turn down system sounds and notification sounds until you can't hear it.
  3. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Well-Known Member

To get rid of annoying system sounds, go to /system/media/audio/ui and rename these:
    Charger_Connection.ogg <---Disables the initial noise when charger is plugged in
    TW_Battery_caution.ogg <---Disables the loud beep when the battery fully charged
    TW_Low_Battery.ogg <---Disables the loud beep when the battery is low
    donec, skuffle and roy5000x2 like this.
  4. roy5000x2

roy5000x2 Well-Known Member

I'll need to change those ASAP. I charge my phone at night as well, and it annoys the hell out of me when it makes noises.
  5. rcyphermd

How do you rename it? I was not able to do that with Astro.
  6. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Well-Known Member

You need to be rooted and mount the directory R/W first. Change it back to R/O when done.
  7. rcyphermd

Is there a way to fix this without rooting?
  8. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

Try to turn down your system sounds at night.
  9. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

If you have it, activate blocking mode. I charge my phone on my bedstand and blocking mode disables all LED lights, alert sounds, and the ringer between 12:30 and 6:30.

I have read that Verizon removed blocking mode for some reason (probably because they're evil).
  10. rcyphermd

I am a physician on call and I need to hear my calls and texts. Is there a way to stop this song alarm without rooting?
  11. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

How do you activate the battery full alarm on Verizon?
  12. rcyphermd

Does anyone know how to stop this alert without rooting?
  13. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I don't recall ever hearing it. Is this a continual alert?
  14. SportsFans

SportsFans Member

Well I don't Charge over night, I hate leaving the charger on beyone it's full charge. I have a charger on my desk at home, and one on my desk at work, one in my truck, and one in the kitchen. So by bed time I'm usually at full charge. I have never left any of my phones sit on the charger beyond full charge. My 2cents
  15. rcyphermd

No it is one loud alert that wakes my wife and I up. I need the sound on because I am a physician on call. But I sure do not like getting awoken every night. Surely there must be a simpler way to fix this!!
  16. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

There are at least 2 things you could do without turning off your phone ringtone or rooting your phone.

1) Manually turn off "notification" and "system" volume at night. You can leave "ringtone" volume up.

2) Activate Blocking Mode and disable notifications, alarms, and timers at night automatically. You can leave incoming call enabled.
  17. abdo9119

abdo9119 Member

I also don
  18. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

19. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

I used to have this on my S2 but on my Note 2 its not included. All I get is the display lighting up with a message telling me the phone is fully charged and to unplug accompanied by a green notification led, but no tone thank god ;)
  20. FitchVA

FitchVA Well-Known Member

Good grief this is annoying. I switched from my old 1a charger at my bed to the one that came with the note2 tonight. I was greeted several times by this anoying beep every so often. Whoever thought this was a good idea...so good that there isn't an acceptable way to disable...is insane. I wish I had their home phone number so I can call them several times a night to wake them up like their "feature" does me.
  21. fdnj48

fdnj48 Well-Known Member

My N2 also does not make noise when it is fully charged. I don't use the stock charger, I use one of my old Blackberry chargers. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the charger that my phone doesn't make noise when fully charged?
  22. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

Is this carrier specific? Mine doesn't make this noise and I'm on Sprint.

OP, do you have some kind of battery app installed on your phone?
  23. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

Depends on how the rom is put together. To turn these off without rooting you must mute notifactions all of them. To fix just the sounds in quedtion, root. Only option I know of. And I like my access. So I dont bother looking for others.

"But mr sails man, why cant I open the hood to MY new car" says buyer
    "Because you might mess somthing up, [and theres stuff in there we do not want you to see because if you did you would take it out, I mean we need to know everything you do right, and limit your max speed [sprint]] so we lock you out of your property for your protection." Says salesman.
  24. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Use blocking mode on vzw. The app exists but no button to turn it on. There is a thread on it sime where. Download a free app that makes a shortcut to any file. Touch the icon and it launches vzw blocking mode. Mine is set to stop notifications between 11 and 6am. No root!
  25. rcyphermd

This is driving me crazy. Where do I find the blocking mode on Verizon?

I contacted samsung tech support and they said there was no way to stop the beep.