1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How do you stop alert that rings when battery is full?Support

1. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

I'm on Verizon, and I don't recall ever hearing a beep when mine was fully charged.
  2. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

srvctec likes this.
  3. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

4. donec

donec Well-Known Member

I have a T-mobile Note 2 and it doesn't make any sound when the battery is finished charging.
  5. rcyphermd

Unfortunately Verizon does.
  6. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

Rename the appropriate ogg file in /system/media/ui
  7. rcyphermd

Is there a way to do that without rooting?
  8. donec

donec Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is a customization that just Verizon added? Does Verizon use TouchWiz? I wonder if it could be disabled if the phone was unlocked?
  9. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

No
    Root or die lol
  10. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

You can try Profile Scheduler. This is the free app version. You can put everything on silent and have a whitelist of allowed calls. Set up different profiles for diffent times of the day, etc. Maybe this might help?
  11. rcyphermd

So I tried profile scheduler and sound profile. Neither worked. The problem is the sound for "battery full" is under the notification file. When I disable notification sounds at night, I lose my text message sound.

I need the phone and text message to work at night when I am on call. Does anyone have any suggestions other than rooting?
    Thanks for trying to help.
  12. NeoGrandizer

Did you enable the whitelist? As far as I am aware, anyone on the whitelist will not be silenced.
  13. rcyphermd

Even the paid version only allows 50 contacts on the whitelist. That will not work.

Thanks for trying.
    Any other ideas? Driving me crazy!
  14. NeoGrandizer

The only other solution I can think of is Tasker. But it's a little complicated and you need to put in the time to learn it. There is a 7 day trial but you need to get it from the developer's site.
  15. rcyphermd

So I called VZ tech support. They conference called Samsung with me. They said there was nothing they could do to fix it. VERY disappointing response from both VZ and Samsung.

It is interesting the ATT and Sprint version do not do this. The Samsung rep said it was google's fault. That does not make sense since other phones do not have this flaw.

It would seem to be a fairly quick fix for Samsung to move the offending sound to "system" rather than "notification". Or simply make it an option be notified when the battery is full.

So I am left with getting woken every night, missing calls, or getting a new phone. Love the phone, hate beeps in the middle of the night.
  16. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

When the Note2 came out, I was so close to switching to Big red. After finding out everything they changed/took away I'm glad I didn't.
  17. DFWVTXMAN

DFWVTXMAN Member

Why not just get another battery and charge it seperate. Do NOT charge phone at night. It's what I'll be doing. Plus I've found the battery's last longer if you fully use and then recharge them.
  18. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Well-Known Member

To answer the OP at Post 32. I don't have this 'fully charged' alert on my un-rooted, international, SIM free phone but out of curiosity I tried X-plor on the phone. Lo and behold, I could enter the Phone / (Root) / system / media / audio /ui folder and see dozens of .ogg files. I do get a beep when I connect the charger and there was a file called Charger_Connection.ogg file. I have not tried renaming any of these ogg files but it might be worth while an experiment if someone is sufficiently motivated to do so.

Incidentally, with reference to a previous thread regarding camera sounds I note there are also a few Camera_click ogg files in the same folder.
  19. rcyphermd

What is X plor, and how does it work? I am not a geek; can I damage my phone with this?
  20. rcyphermd

so I tried x-plor and it says I cannot rename it! Suggestions?
  21. CoreyV

CoreyV Well-Known Member

Have out tied a different launcher to see if that disables the tone?

Nova
    Holo HD
    Go
    etc...

I don't have the tone on att with holo HD.
  22. almath

almath Well-Known Member

I just want to say I am on Sprint and I do hear that faint (buuunnp) when my phone is fully charged. I don't know if it's because I use another charger instead of the one that came with it or what. I timed it and if I don't unplug it does it every hour. I unplug and go back to sleep. It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you and I am surprised not more people hear it.
  23. PiscesCloud

I have just tried but failed to rename it too, so it appears that the previous advice regarding rooting pertains. Sorry it was a bum steer from me but I was too tired to even attempt renaming a system file last night.

This is a fudge and probably a unsatisfactory one at that, but you could try extending the period of recharge for those times you are on call. That is by using a charger having a low current rating instead of the super fast 2A one supplied with the phone eg a 500mA one. Alternatively a PC USB port and/or a longer USB cable might do the trick. As I said a fudge but if you could jiggle things so it beeps when you are due to be awake it might not matter so much.

It totally defeats me that anyone could actually go to the trouble of deliberately adding such a feature without making it optional as well.
  24. PiscesCloud

It would drive me bonkers - I wish I could be as laid back as you seem to be Almath
  25. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Last night I used the charger that came with the phone and I didn't hear the noise. I'm gonna try for a few more days to see if this might be the solution.