How do you sync contacts with Facebook properly?Support

Last Updated:

1. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time syncing my phone contacts with Facebook and also Twitter. Once I put a contact into my phone (their phone number), how do I sync them to Facebook? I tried opening the Facebook app and joining them with the phone contact number, but when I call the person their profile picture which appears as their phone contact photo is extremely pixelated and looks terrible. Am I doing something wrong? How do I properly sync Facebook contacts with my phone contacts so their pictures show up properly when receiving and making a phone call to them?

Also, side note, is it possible to change the orange colour during a conversation?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

I also have this problem! Hope someone can help :)
  3. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

I use an app called syncmypix, it has segting to download high quality images.
    dayloon and Skarab123 like this.
  4. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

it uses the same facebook photos, in higher quality? how about google contacts? coz my google contacts are heavily pixelated too. ive set the facebook app to sync all contacts, with the facebook link in the contact info etc.. syncmypix will just change the photo?

EDIT: just tried it, and set it to max quality. i didnt notice any difference in quality. am i doing something wrong? the only benefit was that it cropped the photo to the square size, so the image doesnt look stretched.
  5. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

I figured out how to do it after hours of trying everything...

1. Set up the Facebook account with the Social Hub

2. In your contact list for your phone book, make sure that the contact name is the exact same as the persons name on Facebook

3. Hold down on the persons name on your contact list and click Join, then press the button for more options (the hardware button on the left) and press something like Find Friends or something.. I forget what it says.... then click your Facebook account, and then click the Facebook name of the contact and it'll link your phone contact to your Facebook contact properly without distorting the persons photo when placing a call.
  6. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

yeah i had done that. mine actually automatically linked the contacts with the same name (or email address) but some of my lovely friends have to have completely different names on email and facebook, so i had to manually link those. and yes, the pic isnt distorted when u place a call, just the square icon image when u open the contact or in list view. n the quality is passable, but i didnt notice syncmypix improving the quality at all
  7. MistyK

MistyK New Member

I DL SyncMyPix ....when I log on it keeps telling me to try later
  8. hannaho23

hannaho23 New Member

make sure your contact number is saved to the phone and not the sim. the phone should then link them automatically as long as the names match
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Please read the thread - the OP has already stated that FB is installed.