how do you take a screenshot on android 2.3 ?

Last Updated:

1. junesandroid

junesandroid New Member

Hi i just got new android from public mobile and its the zte n762 i want to take a screenshots on it but i don't wanna use third party apps, connecting it to a computer and i do not want to root my device. i tried pressing different buttons but it doesn't work. Although i was looking in my files and i saw one named screencapture and screenshots so i think i could be able to take screenshots by someway but i dont know how. Got any methods?

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

If there are screenshots already existing in the phone, most likely button combination is power+home.

Different manufacturers have different methods for making screenshots.
  3. darkuni

darkuni Well-Known Member

Most phones do not support screenshots. Nor does Gingerbread.

99% of the time, you'll need a rooted phone and something like drocap to take screenshots.

I've seen some apps claim to take screenshots without root access, but I haven't seen anyone come through yet.

On Honeycomb, you hold the APPS button for a few seconds. On Ice Cream Sandwich, you hold POWER + VOL Down.

Good luck!
  4. Can you tell me more about drocaps? I'm also trying to figure it out, Even though I am rooted, nothing seems to work
  5. darkuni

darkuni Well-Known Member

This is what you're using right?

drocap2 for root users 2.15 - APKTOP

There are some instructions on that page too :)

You might have to suppress the SUPER USER PERMISSIONS toast that appears when a root app runs because it often captures that toast on the screenshot!
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I don't know about 99% - HTC Gingerbread+Sense upgrade in the middle of this year brought that to all their current phones with just home_button + power.

Many of the newer ZTE phones will do this for you by pressing and HOLDING the power button - and see if that pops up a screen shot option.
  7. junesandroid

junesandroid New Member

It does show options, but none of them are screencapturing options
    Here are my options: Silent mode,Airplane mode and power off
  8. EarlyMon

I was afraid of that. So, unless I'm misinformed about your phone, you'll either have to wait for an update to get that feature, or you're left with the options you don't like.
  9. junesandroid

junesandroid New Member

I hope i get updates for that since this is just is a new phone and i have been getting updates for apps
  10. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

get No Root Screenshot from the market.

only need to hook it up to a computer/laptop once to configure it and you're good to go.

the app says you need to configure with your computer again if you reboot your phone, but i've rebooted numerous times and haven't had to configure again.
  11. dafi

dafi Member

Samsung Galaxy S2 does a screenshot by using Home + Power buttons BUT when you hold the Home button it pops up a Recent Apps screen and that is what gets snapped.

Any suggestion?
  12. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

hold power and just tap the home button?
  13. dafi

dafi Member

That doesn't do it because holding the Power button brings up the 'Flight Mode' / 'Power Off' options screen.
  14. EarlyMon

There should be a delay while holding the power button. You have to tap home within that delay interval.
  15. dafi

dafi Member

Too quick for me. I 've tried a dozen times but can't jag it. The delay before the shutdown screen appears is less than a second.
  16. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

press them at the same time I think. Other people have been able to do it.
  17. dafi

dafi Member

OK, with a bit of practise I got it to work. Seems to be press the Home button about 10mS before the Power button :) I will probably forget the sequence before I next need to use it.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  18. cyrealkiller

cyrealkiller New Member

I was able to take a screenshot on my android 2.6 device using home+power buttons