How do you tell if FULL root worked?

Last Updated:

1. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just did the second part of the root (full root) and I'm pretty sure it worked, I got no errors while doing it but how do I tell for sure if I have NAND read/write etc?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. nitty917

nitty917 Well-Known Member

also wondering this, i cant restore my nandroid i did too. crap

3. Roadblock

Well, I know Fresh 0.3 installed ok but I did my Nandroid restore and I think I actually might have removed some of the new features.

Not sure but it pretty much re-wrote ALL my apk files, and I have to wonder what that did to the new updated ones.

4. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member

I'd like to know as well.

I'm also thinking about wiping again, and re-installing Fresh 0.3 ROM. Do I need to do part 2 of that guide all over again? Or was that guide a "one time thing, and i'm set" type of thing?

5. tenaciousdave

tenaciousdave Member

If the custom recovery is now permanent, it worked. Just power on while holding vol down and go into recovery. If you don't have to use windows to get in, it worked.

It's a one time thing.

6. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

During that last adb step, when you type "reboot recovery," you will boot into a working recovery if it worked. You can also download AdFree or Root Explorer from the Market and see if they work without errors.

7. Roadblock

Oh.. Hey! Adfree does work now. Before it would not install the host file properly.

Guess it worked. Well there is one way for people to tell, if Adfree works right now, part two took! :D

I'm still not sure if I should have done the Nandroid advanced data recovery though. I'm worried I lost "features" or possible things Fresh 0.3 installed or updated.

Thoughts?