how do you tell if you are getting 3.5g on the aria?

Last Updated:

1. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im just curious because I hear some people saying that sometimes they get less bars on the aria than other phones,

but because this one works on a higher level of 3g, does that mean that full bars = hspa connection? because when I have 2 bars of 3g i still get fast down speeds, but when i get 4 bars, its just blazing fast.

it would be cool if someone knew the answer to this so I could tell my customers that.

oh, and yes, i do know that hspa is not available everywhere

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Is HSPA+ rolled out everywhere on AT&T's network? Is anyone using the Aria in a "known" HSPA+ AT&T area to confirm?

FWIW, my n900 has always switched to 3.5G when using data, when in a 3G area. The icon stays at 3G for calls, then switches to 3.5G when data is transfered...unless in a 2G/2.5G area, ever since I got my phone in Dec. Not sure when T-Mo switched to HSPA+ in my area, but the 7Mbs speeds were not active until last month sometime. Even though my icon says 3.5G, I average 900Kbs down, and 400Kbs up. If I travel 3 miles north of my house, I get 7Mbs + download speeds.