How do you tether your Hero using pdanet?

Last Updated:

1. jb4kats

jb4kats Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, first of all I am using one program right now called "easy tether" but i had pdanet and it worked fine on the trial part, that expired and I tired to connect to it and kept getting an error code "633" so I thought it was just because it was the trial program and not the real thing so I purchased the damn thing and I still can't get it up and running. I didn't mind paying for it as I said it ran pretty good before and just thought I would stick with it but I can't seem to get it up and running.
    I downloaded the easy tether and it runs good too but since I paid for pdanet I would like to at least try and see if I can get it up and running so can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong by getting that code? If I can't get it going I need to request a refund and I am out of town right now and that is why I need it so I can access the internet while I am gone, I can't go a month without internet!!! So can someone try and explain if they can what might be going on for pdanet not to run. Like I said I am using the easy-tether right now as we speak but it is a trial version too so don't want to have to pay for another one to avoid not being able to access secure sites.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. jb4kats

jb4kats Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I am answering my own thread here, but I finally got it to work. I just uninstalled it on both the phone and pc and reinstalled. the only difference is that I used the Windows 7 64 bit version versus the 32 bit I installed the first time and that seems to work so hopefully I won't have to do this again.
    Now, since I have purchased this and now I am having trouble registering it!!!! Oh well...........I guess it will all work out.!!!!

johnasp likes this.
  3. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

The Hero has tethering built in.

Install HTC Sync on your PC and reboot it.

Start Mobile Network on your phone - plug into PC then (on your phone) go to Settings --> Wireless Controls --> Mobile Network Sharing

4. johnasp

johnasp Member

jb4kats
    Hey thanks for posting this issue with pdanet. Pdanet was working great for me when I first installed it. I think when I downloaded the htc sync software is when I started to have problems. I uninstalled the htc sync (didn't really need it anyways) and reinstalled both the desktop version and the android app. It's working like a charm now! I have the paid version, it's worth it, I've been using pdanet for years on different phones (motorolaQ,Treo600) and I was surprised when I started having problems, your post inspired me to try to get it back working again.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Just to clarify again, the Hero has tethering ability built into the phone, its an option in settings called mobile internet sharing, just tick this and it works.

TheBrit likes this.