How do you trim the ringtone on the EVOSupport

Last Updated:

1. bandini

bandini New Member This Topic's Starter

I can't figure out how to trim the ringtone on my Evo like I could easily do on my Hero. Help?

Advertisement
  2. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

Download Rindroid from the market.

bandini likes this.
  3. Cheule

Cheule Well-Known Member

Seconded.

bandini likes this.
  4. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

actually senseUI has a built-in ringtone trimmer. when you're playing a song click Menu. there should be a "Use as ringtone" option. select that and a popup should come up asking you whether you want to trim it. select that and the trimmer should open. Trim away! :)
    p.s. Ringdroid is good too though!

5. bamaster

bamaster Well-Known Member

I never knew this! Thanks!

6. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I don't see this option on the the EVO. Has anyone seen it or know where it is? This would really be great to use.

7. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

i dont have an evo but i used it when i had the desire rom on my N1. my instructions may not be accurate but i know i did it from the music player. they may have taken it out of the evo but i hope not

8. Yeah_Buddy

Yeah_Buddy Member

That's the way I did it. It works fairly easy, I thought everyone knew about this.

9. kmathrn

kmathrn New Member

I keep reading everywhere to trim a ringtone on the EVO, to play the song, press menu and then 3 options come up. Set as ringtone, set for contact and trim ringtone. I even saw a picture of the screen somewhere on this site. Mine does not have the trim ringtone option. Am I missing something here, or do I need to download something else or do I have a defective phone? This is very frustrating.

10. lup4u

lup4u New Member

I had an issue with this too...I was trying to trim a wav. file and the trim option did not appear,so I tried a different mp3 file and up the trim option came, so it might be the type of file you are trying to trim.

11. wolverinex

wolverinex Member

the stock music player must be used for the trimming option to be available .

peace

12. arodroid

arodroid New Member

how to find the setting??

13. mylor2

mylor2 New Member

This may be too late, but for others who are searching for an answer to this problem I have found that with my HTC Evo 3d, it will play any audio format, but if you want to be able to trim and edit it for a ringtone the song must be in mp3 format. A lot of music (especially those bought from itunes) are in mp4 which then you cannot trim as a song. Hope that helps!

14. mrbkeller

mrbkeller Member

I've used format factory for years. I've never personally used any ringtone trimmer directly on my phone. It may be easier, though. But you can trim any audio file with format factory, and make it play in a loop, if it's only 3 or 4 seconds long. Resave it and drag and drop to your ringtone folder on your EVO.