How do you turn an email account off?

Last Updated:

1. RPrevidi

RPrevidi Member This Topic's Starter

I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything. Does anyone here know how to turn an email account off temporarily? I use my phone primarily for work so when I am at work I don't want to have to delete emails throughout the day. I only want to be able to turn if on when I am out of the office.

Anyone know how to do this?

Advertisement
  2. archie70

archie70 Active Member

Just change the download frequency of the update (snyc).

Get into the specific mail server...click on menu...more....settings...send and receive.

You can also customize as to when the sync happens...as in during the day you can have it sync less frequently than at night for example.

3. RPrevidi

Awesome idea. Thanks. I actually turned all of the days off and listed peak time to start at 8am and end at 7:59am (ps... does anyone know if 8am to 8am works to cover the entire day?). I have the updates for peak times at once every half hour and the off-peak times set for once a day.

That way if I want to turn my e-mail on I just go into setting and activate the current day.

Hey it's not exactly what I wanted but it is a decent work around.

4. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

You can also manually have it do a send and recieve so you can get the mail when you want. I have three e-mail accounts on mine and all set to not download mail. I do send e-mails from the phone and occasionally I will use it to get e-mail if I'm going to be away from a computer for some time. I can send an e-mail without triggering a download.

5. RPrevidi

How do you manually send / receive while at the same time not set to download mail?

I looked for a way to do this but I couldn't find it.