1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do you turn off camera shutter sound?Support

1. Cardboard

Cardboard Member

Can't seem to find an option to do it any where.

Any ideas please??

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Turning off System sounds should get rid of this sound.

Otherwise when going into the camera app, hit the settings, then hit the 3 vertical dots, in there is a Power Shutter option, turning that off should stop the sound.
  3. dezzie44

dezzie44 Member

As far as i am aware, you cannot turn the shutter sound off on the razr i, maybe the JB update might fix this.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

We had the same problem on the Bionic under ICS. Check out ... ICS Screenshot / ICS Silent Screenshot ... that works on the Bionic. I have never tried it on the Razr I.

I'm interested to know if it works for you.

(I did not write it.)

... Thom
  5. ~aRBy~

~aRBy~ Well-Known Member

With the RAZR m under bother ICS and jelly Bean you go in to the camera app, Hit the "gear" icon (for camera settings), and at the bottom of that list is "shutter tone", tick the box turns it on. I'm sorry for making you read this if the "I" is different.
  6. Thom

This is also true for the Bionic when taking a picture thought the lens. On the Bionic a screenshot still has the "loud click" even with the option in Camera unchecked.

On the Razr I ...

- Does the option only control the sound for through the lens pictures?
    - Does the approach documented in ... http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/421050-post-your-tips-bionic-here-2.html#post5179595 ... using a third-party app turn it off for screenshots?

... Thom
  7. flashsam

flashsam Well-Known Member

Thom,

I tried the stream silencer approach you linked to with my Razr I but the camera still made the shutter noise when taking the photo.
    Thom likes this.
  8. Thom

Thanks for the test. I do not have a Razr i and could not verify if it worked or not.

Thanks.

... Thom
  9. lusafdie

lusafdie Member

I had the same question, and I believe its not possible to turn off the shutter sound.

There is an app called Silentcamera that works pretty well if the notice really bothers you or you want to takes pictures in quiet places.
  10. Andygmz

Andygmz New Member

After trying many apps which didn't work i accidentally found that if your phone is on vibrate /silent the camera shutter would be silenced too. Who knew? Not me.
  11. Thom

Welcome to Andrid Forums.

What a great find ... are you sure?

... Thom
  12. flashsam

Doesn't work on my Razr I

Apparently in the JB update you can turn off the shutter sound though but who knows when I'll get that!
  13. Sidoko

Sidoko Member

14. flashsam

The notes are correct.

I've updated to jelly bean and can confirm that there's a setting to turn off the shutter sound and it does work.
  15. 5tacka

5tacka New Member

I have the latest update for my phone it's 4.1.2, is that jelly bean? or will it say jelly bean? but I still cant turn the shutter noise off :(