How do you turn on 4G?Support

Last Updated:

1. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

Does this screenshot mean I don't have 4G service?
    CLEARS map says I am in the best coverage area, and I did activate with ##clear#

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

It means your 4G antenna is on and you hit that to scan for a signal.
  3. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

Yes, I hit that. Then it grays out while scanning and returns to that same page.
  4. qu4ttro

qu4ttro Well-Known Member

Mine automatically connects to 4G when in a coverage area and the antenna is on. I've never had to manually scan for 4G to get a connection.
    w0rd likes this.
  5. Nocturnal86

Nocturnal86 Well-Known Member

It looks like you dont have coverage. And i think clears map is different from what sprint or VM actually covers. So go check VM to see if you really are.
  6. ssjChris

ssjChris Well-Known Member

If you have the antenna on, it will connect automatically to 4G. If you have it on and see nothing, then I hate to tell you, but you don't have 4G in your neighborhood. You might have it in your city, but it seems the signal doesn't spread out too far. For example, they have 4G in downtown (a mile from me) and I don't have it in my neighborhood, go figure. =S
    w0rd likes this.
  7. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Sometimes my phone doesn't reconnect automatically after leaving a spotty area and it'll ask me to scan. Well, actually I don't give it enough time to reconnect automatically, I just scan manually.
    w0rd likes this.
  8. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

Drove about a 1/2 mile away from my house and 4g automatically connected. I guess Clear's/VM's coverage maps are slightly optimistic. Oh well, most of my city has coverage anyway so I am happy with that.