How do you turn sync onSupport

1. kaygee46

kaygee46 Member

My Via 8650 won't sync with my Gmail calendar so I get the "you have no calendars" error when I try to use the Android Calendar, but when I go to Accounts and Synchronisation, sync is turned off for my Gmail account and I can't see any way of turning it on. In the accounts and sync screen, If I tap on settings an option appears at the bottom of the screen to "sync now". If I tap that, the sync icon flashes on and off immediately, without syncing presumably because sync is turned off for the gmail account. I tried creating another gmail account as suggested in these forums but that didn't work, so how do you turn sync on?

Advertisement
    :
  2. kaygee46

kaygee46 Member

I found the solution. When you add the account under Accounts and Synchronisation you have to add your gmail account as a corporate account, not a gmail account. This brings up other options such as server etc. Select Corporate, then follow the instructions here .. Sylvania 7" Android Tablet: Syncing your Gmail - YouTube
    My gmail calendar is now synced to my 8650.
    MotherM and ukstan like this.
  3. tannim

tannim Active Member

Good job and nice to know ; )
  4. ukstan

ukstan Well-Known Member

This solved my problem too. I had everything working except the calendar which i do use
    Thanks for the info
    I just had my pad replaced as my previous one broke and i was sent a brand new one. My only problem is that i cant download any apps.
    Using market or even going to a site which has its own android apps and all i get is
    "Your xxxx app download was unsuccessful"
    I also got one message saying the app was not available in my country and the app is from my country ie UK
    ANy idea guys ??
    Thanks
    Stan
  5. ukstan

ukstan Well-Known Member

Well I got it working now with a new market app
    Its very good
  6. MotherM

MotherM New Member

I had the same issue with my Bauhn 9.7" Android Tablet Model #: AMID-971R which I purchased for Aldi in July 2012. This solution works but it only gives access to the 1st/primary Google calendar. My other Google calendars are totally missing. Has anyone found a solution to this extra problem?

John