How do you uninstall applications?General

Last Updated:

1. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry - I feel like a noob. Just can't seem to figure out how to uninstall stupid applications like footprints that come with the phone. Or at least disable them from ever starting.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. thehorv

thehorv Member

From your home screen, push Menu, choose settings, pick Applications, a list of your apps will appear, choose the app you want to uninstall, there will be an option to "Uninstall" it once chosen. There is also an app you can get for free called "Quick Uninstall" that simplifies this process.

Hope this helps...

3. andrewzpsu

Unfortunately it does not help. When I go to uninstall footprints or another one of those apps that came with the phone it does not have an uninstall option. I want to wipe this phone of the BS that loads whenever it feels like in an effort to help my struggling batterylife.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The "stock" apps that came with the phone can't be removed. The only way around this is to root the phone, then they can be removed.

5. r00t0101

r00t0101 New Member

What if you download one of the terminal apps used to get to the command-line. Is this possible to remove the apps through the term? I have not tried using those apps yet but I do agree there are a couple HTC apps I would like to remove.

6. thehorv

thehorv Member

If you are concerned about the juice being used by these lame apps, you can download the TasKiller app and kill the apps from running. This might be a work around to not being able to uninstall them.

7. andrewzpsu

Ironically after testing things - my task killer app actually killed my battery. Yes, very odd I know. It maybe have something to do with not sleeping, but as soon as I uninstalled it the charge lasted much longer. I've been documenting it through the day and even listening to Pandora for about 3 hours it still has a better charge than yesterday when I did virtually nothing.

8. mbnelsen

mbnelsen New Member

Menu-settings-applications-manage apps. List of apps will appear; select the one you want to access. If uninstall option is available, you will see it.