• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you uninstall applications?

From your home screen, push Menu, choose settings, pick Applications, a list of your apps will appear, choose the app you want to uninstall, there will be an option to "Uninstall" it once chosen. There is also an app you can get for free called "Quick Uninstall" that simplifies this process.

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0
From your home screen, push Menu, choose settings, pick Applications, a list of your apps will appear, choose the app you want to uninstall, there will be an option to "Uninstall" it once chosen. There is also an app you can get for free called "Quick Uninstall" that simplifies this process.

Hope this helps...

Unfortunately it does not help. When I go to uninstall footprints or another one of those apps that came with the phone it does not have an uninstall option. I want to wipe this phone of the BS that loads whenever it feels like in an effort to help my struggling batterylife.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately it does not help. When I go to uninstall footprints or another one of those apps that came with the phone it does not have an uninstall option. I want to wipe this phone of the BS that loads whenever it feels like in an effort to help my struggling batterylife.

The "stock" apps that came with the phone can't be removed. The only way around this is to root the phone, then they can be removed.

Upvote 0
If you are concerned about the juice being used by these lame apps, you can download the TasKiller app and kill the apps from running. This might be a work around to not being able to uninstall them.

Ironically after testing things - my task killer app actually killed my battery. Yes, very odd I know. It maybe have something to do with not sleeping, but as soon as I uninstalled it the charge lasted much longer. I've been documenting it through the day and even listening to Pandora for about 3 hours it still has a better charge than yesterday when I did virtually nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones