• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do you unroot from the unrevoked method?

Ok i have rooted the phone with unrevoked. However I can NOT find the unrevoked APP using the Settings -> Applications method to "uninstall" that app because I want to unroot the phone so i can apply the OTA update. Can someone help me to find where this app is? I see the superuser app but not the unrevoked app?

Upvote 0
Ok i have rooted the phone with unrevoked. However I can NOT find the unrevoked APP using the Settings -> Applications method to "uninstall" that app because I want to unroot the phone so i can apply the OTA update. Can someone help me to find where this app is? I see the superuser app but not the unrevoked app?

I believe that unrEVOked 3 is not a program like the previous versions so thats why there is no app. If you look back through this thread look for the page that contains the Supersonic file and thats what I had to flash to get the OTA update.

Upvote 0

Unrevoked is not an app. It is a process that turns off the security on your phone(nand), flashes a custom recovery and roots your rom. If you want to update, why not just flash the stock rooted roms that are available in the 2.3 update thread? There is no reason to unroot for an update. You may not be able to reroot for a while after the update. I believe it changes your hboot version and unrevoked does not work on that hboot that I know of yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones