How do you WiFi tether using PDAnet or Easytether on android 2.1?General

Last Updated:

1. #1droidnoob

#1droidnoob New Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried this many times and have just come to a stop and i am wondering if it is even possible?:confused: and if it is possible could somebody please help me out and tell me how. Thx

Advertisement
  2. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

easy tether doesn't do wireless, i have the paid for pro version. i've tried pdanet free version and it didn't do wireless either not sure about the paid version but its like $30 which in my opinion is a waste

3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

confusing thread title...... do you want to tether (physically connect phone/comp and use phones wifi to connect comp to internet)....... or are you trying to make the phone a hot spot and connect wirelessly to it with the comp?

the second choice "hot spot" requires the phone to be rooted

the first choice "tether" is quite simple........ just install pdanet on the phone ..... hook phone to comp........ run pdanet......... it will prompt you through the rest of the steps if you read each one

Maria Dunne likes this.
  4. #1droidnoob

#1droidnoob New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok yeah sorry to confuse you but yes i am just trying to simply tether them and use my phones 3G internet for my comp. I have tried to download PDAnet and when i hook up my phone to the computer it says i need to install a device driver for it...i dont have the disc...can i install this somewhere online?

5. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

you can get the pc side files from their website or you can do like I said.....

hook phone to comp and open the app...... when it gives you the error about having the USB drivers....... read whats on your phone..... it will have a link and prompt you to d/l the comp installer to your phone then install it on the pc from the phones SD card...... it gives you step by step instructions right on your phone when you do it that way

6. mmmthmtskier

mmmthmtskier Member

Tethering a Windows PC is a POC. Just make sure you use the Pdanet USB driver instead of the Easytether driver if you install both. Driver for easytether doesn't work with Pdanet but the other way is OK.
    I had to set up Proxoid with my Ubuntu Dell Mini9 and it was a little complicated, not straight forward. But that's a Linux computer for you.
    Now I can tether with Windows or Linux...

T-Keith likes this.
  7. KariSariano

KariSariano New Member

8. steve500

steve500 Well-Known Member

Very easy in os/x too

I have had a license for PdaNet even way back on my iphone 3G and junefabrics gave me a license for android OS since I already owned a license for my now destroyed 3G iphone, i can say very good things about pdanet, like it a lot, i wouldnt ever recommend using wifi (hot spot mode) anyhow because it will EAT at your battery life like CRAZY and just wear out your battery if used very often, did that with my iphone 3g and.. bah, it was just terrible, i can't imagine it being much better on the htc hardware, just too much for the phone to do...

Maria Dunne likes this.