How does Android 2.1 handle syncing contacts from multiple Gmail accounts?General

Last Updated:

1. bhquiz

bhquiz New Member This Topic's Starter

On my Droid Eris (just updated to Android 2.1), I have taken advantage of 2.1 offering support for multiple Gmail accounts. So I have 3 Gmail accounts in the Gmail app. My question pertains to how Android syncs the contact lists (which include many of the same contacts) from these 3 separate accounts. Will I end up with dozens of duplicate contacts? If so, is there a workaround?

Also, is there an easier way to switch between different Gmail accounts? E.g., in the Gmail app, you have to go to Menu then Accounts, which is inefficient. The built-in mail app displays a list of accounts when you open it (an ideal approach), but I would prefer to not open my Gmail accounts in the default mail app.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. wrench

wrench Well-Known Member

I have the same question about how multiple gmail account management.

3. wrench

wrench Well-Known Member

4. shawnubis

shawnubis New Member

OK...so what about the fact that I have some contacts showing up as synced with tmobile, and just a few are with Gmail. How do I get my WHOLE android contact list to sync or change ownership to all be on GMAIL?

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

To be honest, you may be better off asking this question in the forum that corresponds with your phone. Since you mention T-Mobile, you cannot have an HTC Droid Eris, which is a CDMA phone that was only sold by Verizon Wireless. As this is the forum for the Droid Eris, I am not sure that what would work on our phone would work for whatever yours is.

To find your phone's forum, you may want to search here: Android Phones - Android Forums

Good luck!