• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does battery drop 25% on stand by without even using the phone?

$ahil

Lurker
Feb 18, 2010
So my phone has been on battery for 3H and 30m. And I usually kill tasks before putting the phone to sleep. But after I unplugged the phone and after 1 hour 26 min the battery was down to 89% without even turning the screen on once. And now I went out to eat and came back home and batter is at 75%, I turned to check the time and look at the apps for 30-40 seconds. And didnt use the phone at all.

Not data using widgets are being used. Things I am running in background is google talk, Whats App messenger, and Liveprofile messenger. I know that messengers can use up a lot of battery because of data, but I had them all on my G2 and this wasn't an issue at all.

Do I have a bad battery?

And stop killing tasks.

Android can manage processes perfectly well. You may be killing a task that another task is looking for - that wouldn't help the battery.

If you've been killing tasks and you stop using a task killer it can take a while to notice a difference, but persevere with it and your phone will be quicker again in a few days - honestly!

Upvote 0
Look at the battery usage screen to see what's eating power in such situations, and tap on the graph to get the history lines up and see if the phone is being prevented from sleeping by something. Also get something like OS Monitor to see if anything's hogging CPU and make sure that USB Debugging is enabled to prevent /init from hogging the CPU.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones