How does getting a replacement phone work?General

Last Updated:

1. Zilliano

Zilliano Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I were to call and bug Verizon, and get a replacement, how does it work? Do I send in my phone, then get the new one, or do I get the new one, then send in the old?

Also, does Verizon log replacements? I haven't had any replacement Erises myself, but my mother has, and all of them keep having the silent bug, and mine has it worse then all of hers combined.

I've mentioned it once at the store, but the guy didn't know about it.

Am I gonna have to send in for some assuredly glitchy Erises, or is there some way I can get offered a Moto Droid for my first try?

I know Droids really aren't that great at all, but I honestly just want a change from the Eris for a while. I was going to get the Droid X, but mother dearest decided to lock me out of the ability to sign a new contract myself out of spite. :V

Point in case, what the hell should I say?

Advertisement
  2. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member

When I got my replacement phone due to a trackball issue they sent me a refurb phone via Fedex. I had to keep my battery, Battery cover, and Memory card to put in the replacement. I took the old phone put it back in the box and used the return stickers and sent it back it was very easy.

3. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member

Oh and by the way my replacement phone has had zero issues at all.

4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

ive gone through 3 eris refurbs.
    i got credited 199 for my eris, which i got to keep and sold for 150.
    so i made 150, to get a Dinc for free,PIMP
    Dinc will be shipped by 8.2
    i was also offered the droid x yesterday instead, but no thanks as i want root

5. Zilliano

Zilliano Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool.

I haven't done anything to my Eris yet, physically, but I was thinking about dying the cover of it.

Do you think an Eris whose battery door cover had been recolored would be accepted?

Or, wait, do we actually keep that part, and just trade in the fronts of the phones?

6. TheDanimal

TheDanimal Well-Known Member

Yes, you keep the battery cover, battery, and memory card. Just send the device itself

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

You just trade in the phone part. You keep the memory card, battery, and battery cover. Its pretty obvious since all they send you is the phone itself.

For me, it came via UPS though.