• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does GPS lock work?

yahoowizard

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2010
Well, my GPS was working alright, but I just need to know what I need for a lock. Recently, I checked, and it wasn't locking on, so I turned on the GPS Test application. I was connected to 9-10 satellites, each with the number 30 next to it, yet I wasn't locking in for some reason. I just don't get what I need in order to get the actual "lock" so that it works properly.

Well, my GPS was working alright, but I just need to know what I need for a lock. Recently, I checked, and it wasn't locking on, so I turned on the GPS Test application. I was connected to 9-10 satellites, each with the number 30 next to it, yet I wasn't locking in for some reason. I just don't get what I need in order to get the actual "lock" so that it works properly.

This is a bug. The upcoming software update is supposed to fix this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones