How does internet videos look on your Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. treegolfer78

treegolfer78 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on my second Incredible (first one had a blown speaker), my new one sounds great, and phone functions well except now for my video quality. I've tried several videos off of youtube (even hi-res), and other internet video sites, and am very unhappy with the results. Picture quality is very poor. Put phone next to a Moto Droid, and the moto droid's video quality was tremendously better. My video quality is extremely pixilated and it appears it is not rendering correctly.

Since I see no other comments on the boards about my problem, any information on how to reload android software, or maybe just the video codecs, I don't know.

Thanks for the help guys/gals

Advertisement
  2. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

Hmm I've noticed the same thing. The size is small (how do I make them full screen?) and the quality is grainy.

3. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

I just did a quick test. Nevermind, mine look fine using the youtube app. Using the flash lite player kills it though because of low quality(youtube lacks high quality option) and audio sync issues.

4. treegolfer78

even just going to the site over the internet, not app, looks terrible. Anyone know how to adjust quality settings? Stumped

5. nyjetsfan28

nyjetsfan28 Well-Known Member

I've started to wonder about this also. YouTube videos on high quality look great but everything else looks absolutely awful.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

6. treegolfer78

Bump. Would really appreciate some more reviews. it maybe just my phone

7. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i just looked, the quality seems fine to me. i don't have my droid anymore to compare but i didn't notice it being pixely or low quality.

8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

They seem to look a bit grainy on my phone as well unless I switch to high quality.

9. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

Very nice!!!!!!!

10. treegolfer78

compared on a friends incredible tonight, his video quality is as poor as mine. Pixels all over the screen as video changes colors, or fades, or even movement of characters on screen

11. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

The Incredible defaults to "Low Res" if your on 3G and "High Res" if your using WiFi. If you hit Menu->More (during the video), you'll see where this can be changed.

Using the YouTube app, my videos are awesome in "High Res" and they're full screen.

12. Dabomb420

Dabomb420 Member

Not sure who this information can help but to everyone who might be trying to play youtube movies and are getting undesirable results check these 2 things, 1. Videos from youtube only play on high quality OVER WIFI or otherwise you get black bars and less quality 2.there is also a setting you can click while watching videos to switch from low quality to high, see if that helps.

13. Hairydawg75

Hairydawg75 Active Member

I've noticed that YouTube videos in high quality are slightly choppy for some reason, at least compared to my 3GS side by side. Wasn't grainy or pixelated though.

14. Soupdaddy

Soupdaddy Member

Video streamed from the internet is amazing. I just finished watching an episode of The Office on NBC's website. I'm watching SNL right now.

15. treegolfer78

You guys nailed it ...video quality is waaaay better. Never found that gem (while video playing, menu -> more -> High Quality). Thank you so much better, and to a quality level that should be default. Possibly sticky faq material here.