How does one become a Premier customer?

Last Updated:

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We've been with Sprint for 8 years, and we are now up to 4 lines on the plan. I was wondering what it takes to get a Premier account.

Advertisement
  2. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

You should definitely be a premier customer.. I've been with Sprint for 6 and I'm a premier customer. I have 2 lines. I think they also go by how well you stay current with your bill paying. However, you can call 611 to verify if you are.

3. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

I don't know what the criteria is, I've only been with them for 7 months and I got a Premiere account. I only have 1 line with 450 minutes.

I did go through 3 Palm Pres and 10 hours of tech support calls in the span of two weeks. That probably helped my cause a little bit. Finally I got an early upgrade (18 months early), so I could get a phone that didn't crash every time I played a game requiring the accelerometer, or randomly shut off the radio while driving down the Thruway.

-Mike

4. jonathan76888

jonathan76888 Well-Known Member

i a premier costumer and i have been with sprint for 2 1/2 years, i guess it depends how much you pay!!

5. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I'm a premier customer and I've only been with them for a few months, I got a brochure in the mail explaining the benefits of my premier status. We have 2 lines with $130 everything plan.

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i thought i read on the site that you either need to:

1) be with them for 10 years, or
    2) have a plan of at least 69.99 and be on time with your payments for 3 months in a row.

the 2 criteria seem to be odd considering the different sides of the spectrum (1 really hard, 1 pretty easy), but i'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

7. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Sprint | Premier

According to Sprints site, be a customer for 10 years or be on an individual plan of $69.99 or higher or a family plan of $99.99 or higher. Does not include extras or add-ons.

8. chrissyd

chrissyd Well-Known Member

I JUST spoke with my local Sprint store rep today, and he told me that AFTER 6 months of service (I'm assuming on time/good standing) that you gain Premier Status! He didn't mention a specific plan or anything...SO, I'm guessing if you're a good customer after 6mo they upgrade you pretty much automatically!

Which he mentioned you gain a yearly upgrade at the 2yr price, and 25% off accessories. I can't remember if he mentioned anything else!

Hope this helps =)

9. lokipimpin

lokipimpin Active Member

Gabbott, where did you get that avatar?

10. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

11. TheBiles

Ok, apparently we have a Premier account, but there is no yearly upgrade. The primary phone has been on the account for nearly 3 years now (and it is even showing up as not in contract any longer as of last week), and it isn't showing ANY upgrade available! However, my Airave is showing an upgrade! Any way to take advantage of this?

12. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I would go to a store or call a service center. If you're out of contract and want to reup I'm sure you'll get a discounted price. The primary line is eligible for upgrade once a year if you continually sign new contracts.

13. TheBiles

I've heard that the primary line can be changed monthly. Is this true? So could I switch my Hero to the primary line, get the yearly upgrade, then just use the regular 2-year upgrade for the old primary line?

14. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how that would work, I just joined Sprint in February.

15. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

This is the correct answer for all those who are still wondering.

16. boomerbubba

boomerbubba Well-Known Member

I have a $69.99 base plan and I don't think I am Premier. Is that because I have an employee discount? Or that I have only been with Sprint for two months?

17. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

It takes 3 months before you become premier, so you should be premier shortly.