• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How does phone 'choose' which contact picture to use? Gmail vs facebook...

snvyas

Mar 22, 2010
I have both gmail and facebook synced to my phone and have chosen to only sync fbook contacts that are already in my gmail.

Problem is the picture selection seems to be completely random. Some contact pictures are from gmail, some contact pictures are from fbook and some are from gmail when I first setup the phone and never changed.

Is there an easy way to help the phone 'decide' which photo to go with? Thanks in advance for any help on the matter...

I have both gmail and facebook synced to my phone and have chosen to only sync fbook contacts that are already in my gmail.

Problem is the picture selection seems to be completely random. Some contact pictures are from gmail, some contact pictures are from fbook and some are from gmail when I first setup the phone and never changed.

Is there an easy way to help the phone 'decide' which photo to go with? Thanks in advance for any help on the matter...

Yes, go into the contact, then edit contact, then click on the picture you want it to use. One option will be to use that picture for the contact.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones