How does pre-ordering affect 30 day return window?General

Last Updated:

1. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Verizon's normal return policy is 30 days from date of purchase. Say you pre-ordered the Incredible online on April 19. Does that mean you have 30 days from April 19 to return the phone, or 30 days from the date it was shipped, or 30 days from the date you received it? Anybody know?

Also, does Verizon actually have to have received the phone within 30 days for it to count as a valid return, or do you merely have to have shipped it back to Verizon within 30 days (and perhaps they receive it 31 or 32 days after purchase)?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

FYI in case anybody else is interested, I sent an email to Verizon and got this reply:

3. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that it's from the day you purchase or order the device, not when it's received. So you lose a day with overnight shipping. Regardless, I think with a pre-order you're not even charged until it ships. Someone mentioned they have yet to see the charge on their card. I just billed to my account so I don't have the visibility of the timing of my charge. I'm guessing it'll be 30 days from the 28th or 29th, not when you pre-order.