How does pre-ordering work?

Last Updated:

1. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How does pre-ordering at Best Buy work? Do you still go to the actual store on the release date to pick up a phone that has been reserved for you? Do you still need to wait in line? Is there a separate line for people who pre-ordered?

[I posted this question on page 3 of another thread recently but it did not get answered.]

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

nm

3. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

When you pre-order, there will be a copy reserved for you. You will not have to worry about the store running out of stock while you're waiting in the long line, because you know that your sweet-little EVO is waiting right there for you. :D

jeffdlb likes this.
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

I saw on another forum where people said NOT to pre-order from BB.
    I called two different stores to check. Like TheNorthernForest said you pre-order, and they hold it for you for 24hours.
    My concern was walk-ins getting it before the pre-order. That doesn't happen so you'll get the phone no matter what.
    One rep even said you may even be able to get it the night before.
    I'm so gonna show up just before closing and see what I can pull off :)

5. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

Yea best buy is the best bet. You drop $50 to reserve it and they give u a gift card back that u then use towards the phone. Well thats how they handled the Hero. Im hoping they do the RZ early buy thing again. I really wanna get it a couple days early

6. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

Yes, this is true.

There have been times when people have pre-ordered phones and were of the "lucky few" to get it a couple of days before everyone else.

This was only if you pre-ordered online, however.

7. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

I will do absolutely whatever I can do get this phone as early as possible. As long as it's (mostly) legal.

kcs7272 likes this.
  8. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll be able to activate the phone with illegal means except maybe if you try to activate it with Verizon wireless... :)

9. kenttz

kenttz Member

Yup exactly how it was when I preordered the iphone 3gs.

10. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

when the palm pre came out last year my local best buy told me they were not allowed to do pre orders BUT luckly i became friends w/ the mobile manager and he held one for me w/out putting $ down on it as long as he saw me somewhere in line that morn to get one (b/c he didnt want his manager to say anything if he told people he was sold out and there was still one in inventory, if i was in line he could tell him that i was there earlier and got a ticket to get one and left to get food before anyone else showed up)

11. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I hope Sprint and HTC have made enough of these phones not to run out everywhere. That said, I also wonder if they'll run out of phones right away because upgrading customers factor in significantly in early buys. I hope Sprint's estimated high on its % of Premier and contract-end customers likely to upgrade to this phone and ordered extra so those of us willing to leave our other carriers don't have to make multiple trips to get the phone.

As a new customer, I don't plan on pre-ordering because I'm still likely to try to time my purchase out with the ending of my billing cycle. I'm not contract-locked, but I prefer not to have to get a credit for unused minutes and will instead just make the switch at the last possible time.

12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

You can online Pre-order through Best Buy?

13. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I just got a phone call today saying I have till June 5th to use up my 15 dollar reward zone coupons that I recieved in the mail back in Feb. I don't even remember getting then in the mail but I am going to print it out. Fifteen bucks is fifteen bucks off. but I just called my BB store and he told me June 13th.. I said oh all over the internet it's June 6th and he said well maybe that's for a presale. I don't think he really knew..

14. Levi

Levi Member

I am new to the site as well as to android. I have really enjoyed reading up on the Evo from everyone. I have searched around for the answer to a particular question but have yet to find it. Apologies if it has already been answered.

I have been with Sprint for a few years now, however, I have never looked into pre-ordering a device.

Are pre-orders limited to new sprint customers or could I (as a sprint premier customer) also place a pre-order?

15. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure that anybody can preorder. Welcome to the forums!

16. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Question
    i've only been with sprint for like two weeks

how do you become a premier customer

17. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

You have to be with Sprint 5+ years from what I understand .... than your automatically switched over -

Good news is when you become a premier you get to upgrade every year ($150 off upgrade) vs every 2 yrs - :p

18. carmendiva

oh that sucks lol

19. LisaFitz

Yeah I am not there just yet (4yrs in) and I just got the Moment but my BF got the Palm Pre last June lol and he is premier and he has been drooling all over the EVO (will prob be dragging me to wait on line for the thing this june all over again) -

20. carmendiva

Well im about 2 weeks in lol
    and how is the moment?
    My little brother wants it
    because it's the only keyboard
    android phone sprint has

21. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

To be a premier customer you have to have an individual base plan rate of at least 69.99 or primay line on a family plan with a base rate of at least 99.99 or a customer for 10+ years.

22. LisaFitz

Not true! My bf has been with Sprint 6+ or so yrs and he is Premier, just got a flyer in the mail about his status change and elegiblity last June, this June would make 1 yr from when he got the Pre - so check with Sprint 10yrs is way to long lol - :eek: You can actually just go online to sprint.com and log in and it with tell you, if you have a S/P logo on your acct your Premier, also you should have a link to premier perks for other incentives sprint offers -

I love the Moment, never had a smartphone like this (coming from the Palm centro) and i love the keyboard slide out sideways look etc. the phone is kinda bulky especially with my white skin i put on it, but all the widgets are great and i rarely need to go into any apps because of them, the speaker could be better when I am in the car people say i sound far away but thats really the only thing i can think of thats under par for the phone - oh and battery takes some initial charging to get right (the first 2 days it died on me in 3 hrs) but after that now it stays charged all day

There are some great apps that help, like quick settings to keep wifi off, and gps off unless needed, screen brightness all the way down and manual checking for email really really help!
    Apanda home i think its called its great to increase the homescreens up to 12 pages! I have 7 right now with all my apps, and widgets!

23. carmendiva

ha he is on youtube watching videos of it now.
    The screen on the moment is gorgeous and bright though.

It looks to fat for me but he likes keyboards.
    I keep telling him to get the cliq from tmobile
    but apparently it's a chick phone since 6 girls
    he knows has the cliq lolz

does the moment have a 3.2 camera or a 5?

24. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

I think there is a waiting period of a few months but I could sign up with sprint tomorrow and as long as my ind. plan is 69.99 or more I'm premier after the waiting period. 10+ years only applies if your plan is less than 69.99 or 99.99.

25. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

3.2MP camera which is pretty meh by the way. Samsung Moment users that have not flashed ROMs on their own are still using Android 1.5 be warned!

I would wait for an Evo if I was him.