• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does the default LTE keyboard compare to Swift Key?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
I used Swype on my original Evo, but now I want to try using the regular keyboard for a while. I'm wondering how the LTE default keyboard compares to SwiftKey.

Also, I notice that the default keyboard auto-correct doesn't seem to work when typing in the subject of this post, and double tapping to select words doesn't work on this text box either. Any reason for that?

apples and oranges amigo.

i use swiftkey on the phone and tablet. nothing out there compares to swiftkey (SK)

the default board is nice and a big improvement over previous HTC boards, but if you are used to swype or SK, using the stock board is going to be a learning curve.

not really a fair comparison IMO. each has their strengths. SK does prediction better than anything out there and that improves my typing and speed.

Upvote 0
Thanks. For 99 cents I decided to give it a try, and so far I am extremely impressed. Very much worth it!

It pays for itself honestly. If you have a tablet its almost a necessity. There is an option which breaks the keyboard in "tablet mode" ill call it, which makes it so much easier to hold it with both hands in landscape mode and type.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones