How durable is the IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. StatusCheck

StatusCheck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 15, 2010
    Today I used the $25 pacifier that VZW sent me for my lengthy wait time to purchase a case. As much as I try to be careful, I know from experience that eventually I will drop my phone. The VZW rep sold me on the plastic case wrapped in rubber, telling me it would do a better job than the silicone case in protecting my phone.

I hate it. It covers too much of the edges, which I realize it must do to be effective and stay put, but this limits my ability to type easily or use the optical joystick.

Should I go caseless, i.e., can the phone handle being dropped? Should I get the silicon case and just push it to the side when I need to type? Presuming VZW gives me cash back rather than a store credit, is there a non-VZW case that doesn't interfere as much with the front surface of the phone?

2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    If you land on its back, chances are the back will be fine. The camera, however, will press into the screen and crack it.

If it lands on its sides, the screen may crack, and it will be really rough on its edge (you can buff it out but its still there)

If it lands face down, the screen probably won't crack, but may scratch...

All that being said, I go naked :) Been dropped once or twice, and still no scratches (one on the case which I buffed out, heated, and re-buffed so it's gone).
  3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
  4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    If you think you might be dropping your Incredible then I'd recommend getting a case...what kind of case is going to depend on both personal preference and the type of situation in which you are going to be using the phone most of the time. I like the looks of the incredible when it is bare but, due to past experience, I just don't trust myself.
  5. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Personal experience my back cover BLEW off with a Verizon hard case on. Then later I had it in my Nexus Google sleeve, and was holding it stupid when I got out of slide out bounced off the pavement and WHAMMO GIGANTIC indentation on corner of phone. Definately shows it's "plastic side" DO NOT let this baby out of a case, I think Silicone is the safest way you can go.