1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How early can i get my upgrade? 46 days away!

Last Updated:

1. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Is there any way i could get sprint to swing this one for me?

Advertisement
  2. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Hmm, with a one year upgrade they have been really tough with. With two year upgrades, the have cut them down to 22 months I think.
  3. swankydank2001

swankydank2001 Well-Known Member

Naw 14days is what they do
  4. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

ask your service provider how early you can upgrade. i know with mine ( vodafone uk ).
    my contract is due for renewal on 4th of December 2010, however i can upgrade my phone / package from the 24th of September 2010.
  5. I got a letter from sprint saying I'm a premier customer, and that my main line is eligible for a full upgrade.
    This is like 9 months after I just signed a 2 year contract. Call sprint and see what's up.
  6. ep3n3wp

ep3n3wp Well-Known Member

Got my hero in october at launch..just called and said I was sick of my hero (have been thru 5 heros) and the problems... Well my evo is on its way now 4 Months early!!!
  7. I have called sprint 100 times trying to get them to sell me a new phone, but they wont. I am stuck with my HTC Hero, or even sprint tells me to go to ebay if I want a blackberry. Do you think I should hole out for the evo?
  8. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

I have been through the same thing trying to get rid of my weighed pixie and they won't budge but hers is not due to upgrade till dec 2011.
  9. SprintTerp

SprintTerp Well-Known Member

You can get your upgrade on the 18th of the month prior to your scheduled date. For example, if you are eligible for the upgrade discount on August 1st, you can get it tomorrow. This is the protocol. Generally they will not budge on this, but I've seen them grant early upgrades before.
  10. thadrizzle

thadrizzle Active Member

sorry to tell you this bro... I tried doing that before July 1st to get my EVO. theres "nothing they can do about it" the only thing "they can" is to let you upgrade 2 weeks before your eligible date. I know because I called them at least 3 times trying to get someone to change it because I've been with sprint/nextel since 01. Now that, I don't know who you have to talk to, to do this. Since there was none in stock anywhere I looked starting on the 17th of last month, I was outta luck. By the time I found one. I was already eligible because it was past the 1st.

good luck to you in getting yours

11. Call Sprint tell them you are having trouble with the phone you have and instead of fooling around with a replacement that you are going to end up replacing again in 45 days you would like them to up grade you now. If they say no tell them you are going shopping to a Verizon store at the end of your contract.
  12. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

I hope Sprint starts saying goodbye to people who do this. You agreed to, and signed the contract, and now that you are impatient, you start to threaten the provider.

You all love that Sprint is the most cost effective option out there, but if Sprint rolls over and allows early upgrades to the people who can't abide by their contract, then the lost revenue will eventually come from somewhere...i.e. increased service cost for everyone.
    BenChase7 likes this.

13. Obviously you know nothing about how business gets done in 2010. If they don't value him enough to upgrade him 45 days early someone else will.
  14. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

lol
  15. laredo7mm

Obviously not...:rolleyes:

But I do know how to honor an agreement.

16. LOL! How many agreements has the federal Government broken?

The Banks? Shall I continue? Its how business is done today. Its all about negotiation.
  17. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Well-Known Member

The reason Sprint won't do this early too often is due to the MANUFACTURER's rebates. HTC isn't too fond of paying rebates to customers that may not be due for them.
    With that being said, I tried a half a dozen times to get my date moved up by two months, and on the sixth try they let me do it. They had to send a request to another department and my date was changed from August to June. I was able to go right to BB and pick up a new phone about six weeks early.

Ron

18. Indeed! You are a good negotiator! It can be done!
  19. ThreeDog

at the end of the day if they want to keep you as a customer they will give you some slack. you just have to be persistent and not too outlandish in your requests.

after all bumping up your upgrade date even by say 2 months is a lot more desirable to them than loosing you as a customer all together.
  20. laredo7mm

If those are your role models and who you choose to pattern yourself after, I wish you good luck.
  21. laredo7mm

They already cut you slack by giving you an upgrade after 22 months as opposed to 24. Not to mention an upgrade every year if you are a premier member.
  22. ThreeDog

actually they gave me my upgrade 3 months early, as iv'e been a customer with them for almost 11 years ( vodafone uk )