• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How early did you show up this morning?

I got to my Verizon store at 9AM, just as they opened. I was the 15th customer. First one had gotten there at 5AM! I was out the door with my new X at 10:20AM. Frankly, when I saw that I was 15th, I thought I would be trapped there a lot longer. Staff was very efficient. I haven't had too many good things to say about Verizon corporate store staff in the past, but they did a very good job today.

It was pretty funny to see the reactions of half-dozen people who came in for something other than an X. They had no clue what they were walking into.

Upvote 0
I got to my Verizon store at 9AM, just as they opened. I was the 15th customer. First one had gotten there at 5AM! I was out the door with my new X at 10:20AM. Frankly, when I saw that I was 15th, I thought I would be trapped there a lot longer. Staff was very efficient. I haven't had too many good things to say about Verizon corporate store staff in the past, but they did a very good job today.

It was pretty funny to see the reactions of half-dozen people who came in for something other than an X. They had no clue what they were walking into.

My Verizon Reps seemed to be on top of things as well, I was glad that I was in and out.

Upvote 0
Got mine today too!! Had to try about 2 different stores here in Baltimore in order to get it. After my unsuccessful attempt at the first store, I got a rep to call a second store. He said they had 19 left.

Drove 30 minutes to get to the other store.

They had 2 left. 17 sold in 30 minutes!! GTFO! I got the second last one they were selling after getting 100 since last night (80 last night and 20 this morning). I got the store at just after 12:30pm. Wow. It's selling fast!

Glad I got mine :)

Now I gotta get a good screen protector. Any ideas? :cool:
-Elo

Upvote 0
Got mine today too!! Had to try about 2 different stores here in Baltimore in order to get it. After my unsuccessful attempt at the first store, I got a rep to call a second store. He said they had 19 left.

Drove 30 minutes to get to the other store.

They had 2 left. 17 sold in 30 minutes!! GTFO! I got the second last one they were selling after getting 100 since last night (80 last night and 20 this morning). I got the store at just after 12:30pm. Wow. It's selling fast!

Glad I got mine :)

Now I gotta get a good screen protector. Any ideas? :cool:
-Elo

Yeah the store in my area got 16 in and opened a little early around 930 or so and by 11 were sold out. Luckily I got the last one=)

Upvote 0
got there at 7:30, the verizon store gave us free dunkin donuts and coffee. I was the first one there, and they opened the door at 8:30am. i think there were like 8 people when the doors opened.

There where about 15 waiting out front before the store here opened. They did open up a whole 5 min early to make us feel special. No coffee and donuts here. :p

Upvote 0
I showed up at a local store around 7:40 for a 8:00 opening. There were about 9:00 people ahead of me and I thought about heading to work and just ordering online, but decided to stick it out. By the time them opened at 8:00 there were probably 20 there. The store was well prepared and had about 5 CSRs checking working with people, but there seemed to be a lot of people new to android getting lessons so it took about an hour before it was my turn. It only took me about 15 minutes to get checked out and on my way. I think there were probably 30 people in the store when I left. The store had about 50 phones, so I am sure they were sold out before noon.

So far I am very happy with the phone although the hard buttons at the bottom are taking some used to after coming from the droid due to the different order. The screen is big enough that this will probably replace my TomTom GPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones