• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how easy is it to switch from 2.0.1 and 2.1 on a rooted droid?

I was wondering if I can easily switch from 2.0.1 and Humancyborgs 2.1 rom on my Droid. My droid is rooted and I have run the 2.1 rom but I switched back to 2.0.1 because of some issues with the rom. I am hoping it is just a matter of swapping out the Nandroid files like I did when I returned to 2.0.1. I am missing the cool features of 2.1!

I have tried to do the switch from a rooted Droid running 2.0.1 to 2.1 multiple times and I can NOT get it to work!

I am by no means a computer genius but I used to work with computers quite a bit and consider myself somewhat knowledgeable. I follow the directions PERFECTLY and everything goes dandy until I get to the part where I reboot into recovery mode and go into the "Nandroid sub-menu" because there is no Nandroid sub-menu and I get an error message something along the lines of:

Cannot access E:/console/recovery

or something like that... anyone have this problem? I would really like to try 2.1 and even have an extra droid right now that I have yet to mail back to verizon for a warranty replacement last week and was going to try it on that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones