• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories How effective are the recent changes to the updated Seidio Innocase II?

I received my SI2 replacement today. It was the second replacement I requested and came with the felt lining above the camera. It's rubberized.

The result? Seidio has nailed it now! This is exactly what I wanted when I ordered this case. It's snug and doesn't move/jiggle.

As to stories about expansion and rubber, physically expansion's possible. In fact, most materials have some degree of expansion/contraction. However, it's pretty unlikely that it would be to a degree that impacts performance or fit. I, live in the Northeast as well and wouldn't at all be afraid that our temps would impact the SI2. In fact, the temps here are more likely to impact the Evo itself more than the case. Seidio's in Houston so I'm sure they have even more heat and humidity than we do in the NE even though it doesn't seem possible right now during this heatwave.

I had both the original SI2, a replacement without felt not extending above camera, and now the full-spec SI2. None scratched my Evo (or my wife's), and Seidio has gone well past most other companies I've ever dealt with to make sure we got great customer service and the product we purchased. It took a few tries, but I'd give Seidio my recommendation because they got it right and reached out to me to get it right. They even responded to an issue I had with the Ultimate Screen Guard the same way.

I posted my concerns on this site and privately, and Seidio responded quickly and without additional cost to me. That's how it should be done, and I laud them. And as far as cases for Evo, they're the only one I would recommend. Some on this forum may not have had the positive experience I have, but I have great cases from a respectable Houston-based company.

I would buy from them again. In fact, if they come up with another color that I really like (chocolate) or the right two-tone scheme with clip in the Active Case, I just might buy from them again.

This is good news. I am waiting on my RMA replacement and would completely agree with your sentiments regarding this fine company. I'm also happy to hear that yours had the felt above the camera cutout, was this on the black model? I'm hoping that's a permanent change Seidio made to all the Innocase models.

Upvote 0
Dreamliner said:
I've got the platinum sedio case from best buy too...it's scratching/marring my phone. I bought it a week ago, I will go back to see if they have the updated version, I don't want to scratch my replacement phone...

Hello,

We would like help! Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,

Upvote 0
Received my replacement today. I am very pleased with it. My felt goes above the camera cutout so that appears to be a permanent change now. The fit was great, I had a hard time removing it at first. But once you get the motions down on where to place your fingers and what to press it's actually easy to get off.

Thanks Seidio for the great service.

Upvote 0
Follow up to my replacement case.

I was quite happy when I received it, Seidio made some real improvements to this case. Unfortunately I have now discovered that there is some play and creaking on the right side of the case below the volume buttons. I know this will ultimately end up scratching my phone so I have removed the case permanently. I contacted Seidio on this board and am currently waiting for a resolution. Based on their excellent service getting me this replacement, I am confident that they will come through once again.

Reactions: htc.EVOlution
Upvote 0
Follow up to my replacement case.

I was quite happy when I received it, Seidio made some real improvements to this case. Unfortunately I have now discovered that there is some play and creaking on the right side of the case below the volume buttons. I know this will ultimately end up scratching my phone so I have removed the case permanently. I contacted Seidio on this board and am currently waiting for a resolution. Based on their excellent service getting me this replacement, I am confident that they will come through once again.
well seems like Seidio failed me the second time. They said to send the unit back (leaving my phone naked) and they will test the unit for flaws before warranting a replacement. Basically meaning I will not be gauranteed a replacement until they confirm it's their design problem.

I'm having the same issues as you and I have rubberized coating that is peeling from one edge.

so who knows... Still waiting for Seidio to reply back.

Upvote 0
Obviously I am. The case was too big to begin with.

You're selling a case stated as being 1mm thick, but you have a 1mm gap in the case that makes it fit loose. Meaning the distance from the back of the phone to the outside of the case is NOT 1mm.

You change the case by filling in that 1mm gap with a rubberized coating and felt. This makes the thickness of the case 2mm which is what the thickness was with the original thickness of the case plus the thickness of the gap.

Bottom line is you have a 2mm thick case, but it fits great. I want the 1mm thick case that fits great which is what the original case was supposed to be. 2mm thick cases are a dime a dozen, and the price premium just isn't worth it unless you need the holster combo, in my opinion.

Seriously, this isn't rocket science.

(just speculating on the thickness of the gap. 1mm was used for ease of reference)
Yup, I can confirm this case is definitely 2mm or more without the gaps while the phone is in the case.

Upvote 0
My case is incredible. No squeaks, not flexing. Sorry to hear others have problems, but I have two perfect replacement cases that Seidio couldn't have made any easier to get to despite it taking a few exchanges. At no point did I have to leave my phone naked - always got a replacement and just had to send the original and 2nd unit back when each of their respective replacements arrived.

Don't plan on taking my case off any time soon either.

Upvote 0
My case is incredible. No squeaks, not flexing. Sorry to hear others have problems, but I have two perfect replacement cases that Seidio couldn't have made any easier to get to despite it taking a few exchanges. At no point did I have to leave my phone naked - always got a replacement and just had to send the original and 2nd unit back when each of their respective replacements arrived.

Don't plan on taking my case off any time soon either.
they probably didn't want to replace my unit since I got the unit for free as a review unit. They already replaced it once and the second unit is giving out on me.

Upvote 0
htc.EVOlution said:
they probably didn't want to replace my unit since I got the unit for free as a review unit. They already replaced it once and the second unit is giving out on me.

Hello,

We will be more than happy to issue you an replacement if the item is determined to be defective. Since this is a review unit and not in the online ordering system, please send it back to us directly and we will inspect it and either repair or replace it for you!

Regards,

Upvote 0
I am starting to have a different problem with my replacment.

The fit is perfect now. No creaks and very tight fit, but now the rubberized coating is starting to peel off in certain places on the case. Mostly on the 4 corners.

It appears to me that the entire unit is rubberized all the way through so there is no coating to rub off. Perhaps rub wear might be happening, but I don't think the rubber itself is any different on the inside than outside now.

Good luck, but I'd bet your case and phone will be fine.

Upvote 0
Not sure if Seidio still monitors this board, but I have the same exact problem with my replacement case where the case is loose on the top half just below the volume rocker and creaks. It has also gotten worse since the overhang has been snagging when pulling the phone out of my pocket and now is more pronounced. I opened a ticket on July 2nd and still haven't heard back from them. 0-2 so far...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones