How exactly do I link all my contacts to my Google account?

Last Updated:

1. Whiteicedmstech

Whiteicedmstech Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have contacts in my phone book that I entered manually and wanted to know if there was a way to sync them to my GMAIL account in case something were to ever happen to my phone? Thanks, Whiteice

Advertisement
  2. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Without changing anything it should do it automatically. If not then go to settings then data synchronization then Google then contacts and turn it on and synch it if it isnt on.

3. Whiteicedmstech

Whiteicedmstech Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. It was in fact unchecked as well as the Gmail one 2 spots above it. Not sure why they were unchecked, but thank you. Whiteice

4. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

Your contacts also need to be entered as "google" contacts and not as "phone" contacts for this work. I don't think this setting can be changed after you initially enter a contact. So if you have any that are labelled as "phone" contacts then you will have to remake them as "google". For people who have many contacts that would need to be changed, I'd suggest adding them through gmail on a computer.

5. mem_reddog

mem_reddog Well-Known Member

Use the htc sync and sync your contacts to outlook or windows mail. Then export them out to csv format, from there you can import them into google. This will save you a lot typing if you have a lot of contacts.