how fast is it?General

Last Updated:

1. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking at picking up a G2...but, I'm used to a 1Ghz processor...how does the G2 compare to say a nexus or Galaxy S?

mm0

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

it's faster than my Fascinate was

3. SUPERGALAXYS

SUPERGALAXYS Well-Known Member

if were talking out the box vibrant and g2 id say g2 is faster..but vibrant can be rooted and lagfixed and overclocked so they can be made faster..but I'm assuming g2 will have all the same mods soon to come..quadrant speeds are way better out the box then a vibrant tho..its also running 2.2 so...

4. BBOOZE

BBOOZE Well-Known Member

For what it's worth I'm coming from the iPhone 4 and the G2 blows its doors off. System much quicker and so is the internet.

5. zuludelta9

zuludelta9 Member

My friend compared it with a DROID X that he's used and said it was wayyy faster and smoother.

6. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks! Now, I just have to decide if it's worth the risk of it not being rootable. I played around with one at the tmobile store, and it looks like the Wifi Tethering from 2.2 has been removed, and that is a huge minus for me...I use tethering all the time.

7. RebelScum

RebelScum Member

There is already a root for it (don't have the link on me), but, it reverts when you reboot, so you just have to re-root every time you reboot. But how often do you need to reboot, right?

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

G2 looks to be the snappiest phone yet. The only phone I've seen that can compare with it out of the box is the Epic 4g but its sadly stlll on 2.1. Can't wait to compare both on 2.2. They will be very close I suspect.

P.S. - the Epic doesn't suffer the lag/stall issue that the other galaxy s phones do so it is even faster/snappier than its brethren. (I've compared). For example, it takes the other galaxy s phones close to a minute to boot up while the Epic boots in 20 seconds.

Right now, the G2 is fastest though. 800mhz scorpion is a beast :)

9. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

@musicman0... anandtech has some good benchmarks - just found them >>> here