How Good is the 3D?General

1. coolio86

coolio86 Well-Known Member

I like pop out 3D much more than depth. Please describe and rate the pop out 3D out of 10. And mention how the 3D is in games as well as videos or movies. Also how good is the 3D camera and can you get it to pop out so it looks like something is coming out the screen or floating in front of the screen?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Woosh

Woosh Well-Known Member

I personally thought the 3D was incredible. Much better then any other implementation I have seen.

Idk about getting things to pop out or not but it certainly showed depth.

I took a picture and you could tell that a desk was closer to me then the wall behind it. I didn't have a ping pong ball/table to test how that would look though.

I'll do more tests with it when it comes in the mail though. Only had about 10 mins with it in the store. But overall super impressed with the 3D aspect of the phone.
  3. bigscrb15

bigscrb15 Member

I think the 3D is excellent. The "pop out" is not impressive, but I think that is only limited by the size of the screen. Pop out 3D effects work great on movies because in the theater the screen is taking up a very large percentage of your vision area. On a phone, it is much smalled. The depth is great though.
  4. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Yeah the 3d is mostly depth, not much "pop out' though it does exist, but not in user-generated content.

The camera on the Thrill acts as your eyes. You only get depth, but to me it's a much more realistic scenario since you have to hold the phone 18-24" (relatively close) from your eyes to get the right 3d viewing angle on the phone.
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

If you aren't seeing the depth..try a different movie...

That really depends alot on the movie...I thought the same thing and then watched this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubRHSg5daMs

8:20 in...

If you don't hold the phone just right..the "pop out" just doesn't work.

I see 3d better on this phone than I do on our LG 3d TV we just bought ...
  6. mineown

mineown Member

Anyone tried it on a 3d tv from other manufactures?
    I have a samsung
  7. bm2thirsty

bm2thirsty Member

your not going to get a "help me OB1, your my only hope" jump out, but some do jump out more then others. Its IMO way better a 3d then the nintendo 3ds. the videos that came stock on it are great 3d's. As far as the camera and video, you can adjust how much of a "pop out" you want with a slider. for me the max pop out hurt my eyes. The still pics are incredible in 3d and even regular pics converted to 3d work really well...hope this helps
    bm2