How hot does your Evo get?Support

Last Updated:

1. HoldFastHope

HoldFastHope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 10, 2010
    I am coming up on my 30 day return deadline and want to see if my phone might have a hardware problem (hoping it doesn't) or if it's normal that i've got temps of up to 118 degrees. While idle or sleeping, the temp is of course low but once I start to fiddle with the phone, I see the temp go up and up quickly. Right now it's at 104.4F after about 5-10 minutes on my phone (web browsing, downloading apps, etc.) It is usually between 100F and 110F and sometimes the kickstand is hot to the touch. I feel like it gets abnormally hot in a short amount of time. Hottest it ever got was about 118F while playing home run battle 3D and my LED alternated which meant it was overheating. There isn't a day that the phone does not get hot. Also, I do have a case on it which might contribute to the heat a bit.

What are your normal temps while using the phone?

Please try to note the amount of time you were on it and what apps were being used. Thanks.

2. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Its normal. When messing around on my phone my temps reach 46 to 50 degree celcius.
  3. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I get 32-33 c while messing with it in my house, if im on the phone it gets hotter but if im using it while driving in the car where I dont have ac it easily will get 50c+