• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how hot is too hot?

musikat

May 17, 2010
My phone sems to run hot and has from day one, two weeks ago (both before and after 2.1 update). I notice it when I am playing around on it doing browser or market, etc. It does it in both wifi and on the network. It also seems to get hot while charging in the car -- the average temperature range anytime it is in use is from 35C (at the cool end like now when it has been just sitting and charging for over an hour) to 45C while in use.

Is this too hot? I know it feels very uncomfortable to hold. I am not talking about hours of use, either. It did this today after 5 minutes. I am on the fence about whether to ask for a new battery, a new phone or consider it "normal." But I think it is part of what is messing with my battery life. I keep wifi, bluetooth and GPS off unless I am specifically using them, and the most CPU and network use (according to spare parts) seems to be Android itself. I had to charge it twice already today. It seems to be getting worse. And I also noticed when I put it on the charger it took over twice as long to charge it as it did to discharge.

I know all about the Moment's battery issues, but is this in the range of "normal" for this phone or should I try a new battery or phone???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones