How I improved my battery lifeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. andreyua

andreyua Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advanced Task Killer, it turns out the Incredible never actually closes programs you run and they remain in the memory. Now that I am killing programs I am not using, I am getting SICK battery life. A whole day with downloading, heavy usage and pictures.

Pretty Sweet!

Advertisement
  2. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

Top secret tip here...

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

4. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

There are a ton of threads about this, as well as a ton of threads that debate whether this is doing more harm than good.

5. andreyua

andreyua Active Member This Topic's Starter

Tough call, if what the link up top says is true then maybe my battery is breaking in and lasting longer? :-\

6. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Well imo theres 2 problems with task killers. #1 you spend half your time killing tasks, which leads to a less than positive experience with the phone in general. #2 it takes longer to open the app once its been unloaded from memory.

OS 2.1 does a great job of managing the memory on its own and things stay loaded up for a reason. That way the next time you run it, it doesn't need to load as much information thus saving you energy that would be used to retrieve the data, settings, updates and etc.

You may or may not want to use a task killer, but don't think that by using one you are saving battery life. The thing is betteries take 5-6 full cycles to get to their full capacity. A normal user will take 5-7 days to get to this point or longer. The phone has only been out for 5 days officially, so alot of people have not reached the batteries full potential, but should within the next couple of days.

8. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I've read too much on this to ever use the task killer app.. but glad it's workin out for you.