How I learned to love the slide out keyboard

Last Updated:

1. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't use it to type that often, but I have found it most useful in three situations.

1. On some websites, the soft keyboard just doesn't pop up and you need to use the slide out keyboard.
    2. It's a lot easier for editing typing mistakes.
    3. Trying to play most games using a touch screen is a horrible experience. What good is the 1ghz snapdragon cpu/gpu on the upcomming Passion when game controls will be horrible.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I've found I'm really starting to like the physical keyboard, too. Once I got used to the awkward positioning of the space bar, my typing speed started to increase drastically, and I rarely make mistakes now.

I still cannot get used to the touch screen keyboards, no matter how many different ones I try. The touch keyboard from the HTC interface is the best one, far better than the default or Better Keyboard, and it still doesn't compare to having a real physical.

3. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

I use my physical keyboard almost exclusively. In fact this message is being typed out on my Droid's physical keyboard. The only thing I really wish the physical keyboard would do is bring up the autocomplete/autocorrect menu.

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I had to use an iPhone today because someone wanted their work email account set up on it. My one comment to the woman is that, "you have really made me appreciate my physical keyboard". That thing was just a pain! And I had to agree with another comment that said that handling an iPhone after having a Droid is like handling a toy.

5. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Yeah I powered up my iTouch today for the heck of it, and after getting used to the Droid's resolution, the iTouch screen looked very Fisher Price-ish. I can't believe how beautiful the Droids display is compared to Apple's! I'll take the few quirks which I'm sure will be ironed out with s/w updates.