How I solved my 4G connection issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. ariot

ariot Member This Topic's Starter

I am writing this so that others that enconter the same problem that I had with my 4G may benefit from my arduous experience and probably save some time. I live in Dallas. For about 1 week, my 4G will connect and disconnect. At first, I thought maybe it was a network problem, but then, nobody in Dallas is complaining on the forums, so I ruled that one out and set to work on my darling phone. Researched all the threads in several forums. I did not try most of the suggestions because I did not want to do anything too invasive. The sequence of steps to get to my resolution are in the attachment.

I do not know why step 11 worked while 9 did not, but I am just happy to have 4G back!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    hortstu likes this.
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

keep us posted if this fix is indeed a fix. I have no dedicated thread...but have been posting my issues over the past few weeks here and there

I am in DFW...anywhere from Dallas to Richardson, Ft Wrth and Live in Mckinney...

speeds are inconsistent but I can usually connect. When i do dl will be fast but upload slow or the exact opposite.

hasn't mattered what Rom kernel or radio and my friends stock Evo has been the same so I like you assumed it was network related.

3. ariot

ariot Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Mr Ed. I live in Allen!!! So close to you. I work in Dallas and I agree with you that speeds are totally inconsistent.

I was able to do about 2-3Mbps down and 1Mbps up consitstently from my office since I bought the phone in June until about 12 days ago. I believe something may have corrupted a crucial file, like the Hosts file, and it took unrooting to get rid of it.

I get no 4G at my house in Allen, but I have wifi/Time warner cable internet, so that is not a problem.

So far, the solution to my 4G issue is holding up. Over 24 hours now. Download speed appears more like 3-4Mbps now but like you said, upload is really poor like 150Kbps.

ariot!

4. Allblackmax

Allblackmax New Member

Hello my fellow Dallas neighbors! I live and work in downtown Dallas and have had the EVO since it was first released. My speeds have been very inconsistent however when things are working well I can get upward to 7-9mbps! I must live very close to a tower because I get 3 bars in my apt. Lately however, I've noticed my speeds have been pretty bad at times even with 2 or 3 bars.

I stumbled upon a temporary fix where I do a "update profile" 1 or 2 times and then I perform a speedtest and things are back up. After about an hour or so I go to check the speedtest again and the speeds are back down to less than 1 mbps. I do the "update profile" 1 or 2 times and it goes back up, etc..etc..