1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How is Exchange ActiveSync a push email client?

Last Updated:

1. MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,

I was just tinkering with my Droid Incredible's "Accounts & Sync" and I am confused about something. With the Gmail app, there is no option to designate how often to check do for messages because it's a push email client, good. But when I check my settings for Exchange, I am given options to select how often to sync. I was under the impression that Exchange ActiveSync is a push email service, meaning I shouldn't need to designate when I want it to sync because it pushes vs. pulling. Am I missing something here?

BTW, I am running 2.2 froyo under SkyRaider 2.5

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

It is push, but you can configure it to not be push if you want. Does that make sense?

3. MkVsTheWorld

Okay, then I must have it set to not push because the only way I can get messages is by checking manually or asking it to sync. Is there some hidden setting to get exchange ActiveSync to push?

BTW, Gmail is "pushing" well.

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Not all Exchange setups support ActiveSync. Are you sure ActiveSync is available and that you're using it?

5. MkVsTheWorld

I am pretty sure that it is. Here is a hyperlink to where the instructions are...

E-mail Through Mobile Devices

The instructions imply that it works with Exchange ActiveSync but also says they offer no technical support. Some school, huh?