How is Sprint for Service Now a Days?

Last Updated:

1. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had Sprint a couple of years ago, and after the merger with Nextel, it was a nightmare for me...HORRIBLE customer service, HORRIBLE tech support, never could speak to anyone who spoke english, and the bill was wrong EVERY MONTH...
    Phone calls were great in Chicago land, but, every other aspect of them as a carrier was a nightmare for me..
    I want to try an EVO, but, I am afraid of going back to Sprint; I had ATT for the last 3 years with Iphones, and just got an Incredible with Verizon, so, for me, the customer service/tech support has been great for the last 3 years, and Verizon has been fine as well..
    Love the thought of an EVO, but DREAD the thought of Sprint..

Any feedback on this?

thank you..

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Been with Sprint since about 1998. The past few years I've found their customer service to have noticeably improved through my experience.

3. jmorse

jmorse Well-Known Member

I had Sprint way back when the StarTac was the hot new phone and couldn't hate it more.

I've now been with them again for 2 years and I can't say enough good things about them. Everything from service to customer support to cell coverage is tops. They're well worth considering again.

4. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member

I had Sprint from 2000-2004, switched to Cingular from 2004-2006 and have been with Sprint again from 2006 to present.

I have had very good experience with Sprint compared to Cingular (now AT&T). I drive over 250 miles to work and the trip was torture on AT&T. Calls dropping all the time. This was on a major Interstate too. Even though I didn't have a phone capable of using the Internet while still with AT&T my current work phone is AT&T and outside of major cities it doesn't have squat for 3G network connection.

With Sprint I do not drop calls on this Interstate trip and I have 3G service in most areas. Aside from that when I wanted to upgrade to my HTC Hero, but I was still out of my 1 year upgrade being Premiere I asked and Sprint support gave me the $150 off without requiring a 2 year contract renewal. Pretty awesome in my book

5. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I used to have sprint service about 6 years ago. I switched from at&t last year for the pre. Both customer service and cell service had improved dramatically in my area over that time and I'm very happy I switched.

6. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

I am very picky about who I do business with. I quit att because of the dropped called issue. When I moved to sprint because of the wimax thing. I really have it out for cellphone companies. I really do hate them. They will try to scam and screw you ever chance they get.

Now in saying all that. Sprint has been a great company for me. I have a few dozen problems from time to time and they fixed them all. Their customer service has been excellent. Hating cellphone companies, I am ready to hang them at the slightest provocation. Sprint has some how made me neutral towards them. I will still hang them, but it is going to take a little more then it normally would.

I can say that every time I dealt with CS I was taken care of quickly and fairly. But I will not demand free phone/reduce monthly rate, threaten to quit, throw a fit about minor issue, or just complain to complain. When your first call is to get retentions, you are serous messing up your relationship. I always have clearly what the problem is and ask them to help me fix it. I am always friendly and nice.

eieio likes this.
  7. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

sprint was my first cell phone service.. .back in early 1990s..
    it was spotty... weak signals... dead in big buildings / malls.

early 2000; switched to ATT.. better connectivity. Stronger signal strength.

2008 switched back to sprint; because my sis works there; and got a hell of a plan. I must say, their service has gotten much better. I dont have drop calls; as much as my ATT friends do. Thier 3G service is not as strong as ATT; but then I now have Wimax.

8. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Loving Sprint here in southern California.

clambert1273 likes this.
  9. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member

Been with SPrint for about 4 years now, and they have never failed me.

10. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

I've had Sprint since 2004 and have been very pleased for the most part. Few screw ups bill wise here and there but most of them were not their fault. Sprint rocks.

11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

My question as well, any one out here in nyc care to say how there service is with Sprint...

12. CoachEVO

CoachEVO Well-Known Member

Been with Spring for 1 years. They have dramatically improved. I for one am so tired of hearing people still bash Sprint service. Certainly, there are some bad reps, and one can't predict who you will get, but for the most part, they have come light years in the past 3 or so years. Just my .02.

13. wase4711

Well, this is very good to hear; anyone from Chicagoland to comment on their current 3g Coverage, which I assume will be identical for their 4G coverage, since chicago is a 4G city..

14. colburnr

colburnr Member

Wase,

I live in NW Indiana and work in Chicago. I travel 294 everyday from Indiana to O'Hare. I have been with Sprint since about 2001. Their customer service has improved tremendously!! In addition, their call quality and data quality is tops. I highly recommend Sprint, you won't be disappointed.

15. septro

septro Well-Known Member

Lol at the guy with the StarTac reference.. man that was a s@#$ phone but everyone had one, I mean EVERYONE.

Been with Sprint for the last two years and with about every major carrier. Verizon has the best coverage, AT&T semi decent phones, T-Mo is meh, and Sprint is pretty good all the way around. The 3G could be faster but then again that's what 4G is for!

16. CoachEVO

CoachEVO Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago (suburbs)...I don't have any problems at all.

17. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I've heard there 3G is very quick, how would u compare there data speed to Verizon.

18. wase4711

how is the phone and data reception in side your houses?
    I live in the sw Chicago burbs, Burr Ridge/Willowbrook area..

thanks!

19. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Where I am, I have no problems with voice reception but no idea how data is as I use wifi on my cell phones at home.

20. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I've been with Sprint for 6 years now, and the CS was shotty for some time ( as it was with other carriers as well, though) The service itself hasn't let me down. The last 2 years however, the CS has greatly improved.