1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General How is the Active thinking of Getting it

1. wicked1

wicked1 Well-Known Member

I just hate the buttons that are physical on the bottom, I understand why they did that, just thought we were all moving toward thermal or digitized buttons instead of physical.

Overall is it the same as the S4, I am thinking of the S4 and getting it treated with liquipel is the S4 Active treated?

Advertisement
  2. deeddawg

deeddawg New Member

The Active is not treated with liquipel as far as I know - lots of reports of people's S4 Actives dying from water contact. Not sure if it's user error (getting the back seated properly requires paying close attention) or manufacturing defects.

Unless there's a specific reason to get the Active, go with the plain S4. The Active being a niche product means fewer accessories, cases, ROMs, etc.
  3. literacolax

literacolax Well-Known Member

Just got mine the other day, love it, but I'm afraid to get it wet, I guess I've been trained for years not to get my phones wet.
  4. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

I've purposely dropped mine into a pint of beer. No issues.
  5. aajimmyd

aajimmyd Member

Awesome device....I bought the GS4 Active to be able to use in or around the water. I tested it today while boating and it is in fact waterproof/water resistant. Also, I noticed right away that this phone is much more responsive than my G Note. I will be selling the G-Note....
  6. cgfw201

cgfw201 Well-Known Member

The camera is terrible and the reception I get at home is markedly lower than with my previous S3...sadly taking it back today and swapping for a normal S4.
  7. davewood44

davewood44 Well-Known Member

I got the s4 active because i love a bath and take it with me to watch podcasts or tv/movies in the bath! I prefer the look to the normal s4 also.

Oh, and i prefer the physical buttons. The damn touch buttons on the s4 i was always touching by accident. Hated them!