How is the battery on the Samsung galaxy player 5.0General

1. Musichead4444

Musichead4444 Active Member

How is the battery on the Samsung galaxy player 5.0? Does is start out good then as days and weeks go on it gets worse? Or is it always good?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

So far mine is fine, but I have only had it a month.
  3. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

I've had mine since December and there is no sign of battery issues. It still runs strong all day for emails, a few game sessions, YouTube views, and various other activities. And sometimes a day and a half, before a recharge is needed.

I think it all depends on how much hard use it gets (meaning processor intensive stuff). But, the battery does last quite a long time.

Remember that batteries do age, and over a couple years there will be a noticeable decrease in performance, but it should be very gradual. By then I expect I'll be ready for a replacement anyway. So, I'm not really concerned.
  4. apjans

apjans Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has had the Galaxy Player 5.0 since about November or December, and I have noticed that thing's battery lasts for an eternity. She doesn't use it heavily, and not necessarily even every day, but with her light usage it lasts well over a week. She mostly uses it as a music player, rarely plays games, and occasionally uses it to surf the web, and of course, email notifications are and whatnot are always on.
  5. blackdog709

blackdog709 Well-Known Member

Battery is awesome. Probably better than just about any smartphone out there. It's the size of a friggin' hershey bar!