1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How is the Headset Sound Quality?General

Last Updated:

1. AMW1011

AMW1011 Member

Hello. Can anyone give me an idea of how good or bad the sound quality of the Warp is through headphones. I understand that the speakers aren't great, but that really doesn't reflect on the quality through the 3.5mm jack.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. KrisM3

KrisM3 Member

Sounds great to me then again I have a quality pair of ear buds. I've sold my prevail so I can't do a direct comparison.
  3. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

How the quality of your headphone is on the computer,how it will be on the Warp in my opnions.
  4. tyinsf

tyinsf Active Member

Subjectively, the Warp sounds better than the Evo 4G I just switched from. I use M-Audio IE-40 earbuds. (They are chrome-colored Logitech/Ultimate Ears triple.fi's, tweaked to have a flatter response curve and sold through music stores)

The Warp does boost the bass - which is why they call the carrier "Boost", I suppose. And there seems to be better spatial separation and placement, which could be better electronics or could be some sort of SRS processing.

Boosting the bass on this song lets me hear the details in the bass line, which is great, and the vocalists are strong enough not to get buried by it:
    Remember Me by the Caravans - YouTube

But I tried streaming my ultimate A-B test material, kd lang singing "Lock Stock and Teardrops", and the bass was drowning her out so I couldn't hear the nuance in her voice. But it was spotify low-fi streaming, so it wasn't a fair test. I'll have to drag the mp3s to each device and try it again.

I wish they gave us the option of turning the bass boost off.
    HeroLau likes this.
  5. AMW1011

AMW1011 Member

Wow that is awesome! I didn't expect to get feedback from someone with high quality IEMs or headphones! The bass boost part is a little worrisome, but not a deal breaker. As long as the quality isn't bad I think I'll be happy.

Thanks a lot!

On a side note: Has anyone experienced any problems with sound levels fluctuating on the Warp? The issues with notifications messing up the volume level on the Motorola Triumph is what killed it for me.
  6. marke123

marke123 Well-Known Member

I installed Volume+

Excellent tool. Do a google search, on the guy's site you can register and get it free.
  7. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

Mine looks cannot work, no differences after install Volume+ like it isn't there.
  8. shunter7

shunter7 Well-Known Member

AMW1011 -

I have not experienced any volume fluctuations but as already noted the volume is a little low on these speakers.