how is the S Pen compared to using a stylus on an iPad?General

1. smileman

smileman Well-Known Member

i've seen some comments on the Verge review ("a revelation. It’s very much the difference between a fine-tip pencil and a gigantic permanent marker") but not detailed comparison about how, for example, it is to annotate PDFs using one of the PDF annotation apps on the iPad vs. the 10.1? has anyone tried annotating PDFs on both?

i'm a PhD student and looking at this as a possible solution for journal article reading and annotation.

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

3. smileman

smileman Well-Known Member

thanks.

i also just found this comparison from Trusted Reviews:

"Now for those who might say:
  4. ScandaLeX

Yes it is a pretty major difference. The Note 10.1 uses a Wacom digitizer which is the reason for so many levels of sensitivity. Once you start using the S-Pen your views on those capacitive stylii will definitely change.
  5. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

My cousin has a stylis for her ipad. Id say the s pen is alot smother and accurate. It feels like your really writing and drawing.
  6. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

They did not have one with a 32gb so I just ordered it from amazon.com also ordered a 32gb micro card. It will be here Friday or maybe sooner I hope. The Galaxy Tab2 really opened my eyes to the Android tablets.;)
  7. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I am coming from a Motorola XOOM to the Note 10.1 and the difference is simply amazing! I really did not like the stylus for the XOOM. With the Note 10.1 I can actually rest my hand on the screen while writing and it does not frerak out. I use it in class and at work to take notes in meetings. I could only get the 16GB version, but I transfered the 64GB card from my XOOM over, so I will be set for quite a while.
  8. hbryder

hbryder Well-Known Member

It's awesome! there are so many options, fine tip, pencil, marker, and so on it also comes with extra tips. It's just like writing on paper with the benefits of copy and paste, adding photos, articles, links...whatever you like! The reviews said the handwriting to text was bad but I found it worked great.
  9. ScandaLeX

You lost me. :confused: Are you saying your 32GB Note didn't come with the S-Pen?