• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is the speaker on the 2013 moto x?

araxxis

Feb 17, 2014
So the moto x (2013) is my front runner for being my next phone since i am going to be switching to cricket wireless, mainly because its not a tiny phone but its not huge like most flagships. I really like the idea of a amoled display since i view my phone at an angle a lot (reading on the bed etc) but one thing that worries me is that the speaker will be too muffled if it is laying on a surface like a bedsheet. I also use my phone kinda like a tablet at times, watching netflix or youtube vids, how is the speaker in open area like this?

Im currently used to a dual front speaker phone, the HTC desire 601.....but they arent near as loud as the HTC one speakers so the moto x does not need to reach for those lofty goals.

In this video at 10:28 he shows you can completely mute the speaker from just a finger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJTlB_S7ct0 BUT that is the case with pretty much any phone speaker, im more worried about times when its just lying on its back and not completely covered (like my example above on a bed sheet).

Any replies appreciated. And one more thing, do you feel 720p is enough res for a 4.7" screen? My phone is currently a 4.5" display with less than 720p so i think id be ok with it. I was originally looking at the moto g 1st gen but i can get the moto x for only 60 dollars more. I lied, one more thing! Is the back cover on the stock moto x nice and grippy? It looks to be in pictures, thanks.

Never had an issue with the speaker myself, one of the best phones I had for that perspective ;)

Hey what does a cricket referral give me, i see it down in your signature. Ive been on virgin for like 7 years and even tho they say i get LTE in my area id say 80% of the time its 3g, time to make the switch and cricket seems decent for the price.

Upvote 0
Hey what does a cricket referral give me, i see it down in your signature. Ive been on virgin for like 7 years and even tho they say i get LTE in my area id say 80% of the time its 3g, time to make the switch and cricket seems decent for the price.

I use to be with Sprint for over 15 years, so I feel your pain :(

A referral get both of us a $25 dollar credit on our accounts, once it's been active for 60 days or more. And yes I get LTE everywhere :D Foe me it's been the best move I ever made. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones